Universal Saturday Morning RPG - (by Joystick Labs, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 4, 2012.

1. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Mighty Rabbit, any idea when episode 3 is coming?

If you are struggling with the amount of time it takes to design environments, I think people would be happy with "Episode 2 S" and "3 S" kind of stuff, where you just generate new quests and character interactions within the existing architecture. Maybe charge .99 for the episode expansions instead of 1.99 for the new episode... Just an idea. I really like this game, but the wait for episode 3 has been more than six months now.

2. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    We should be submitting Episode 3 to Apple either tomorrow or Friday with our sights set on a November 1st release. The next batch of content should go live in early December - I don't want to spoil what it will be.

3. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Excellent. Thanks very much for your swift response. I really liked ep 2, and all upcoming content is instabuy here.

4. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    I heard you guys liked trailers:

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Omg! Can't wait. Nice trailer. The Arena mode sounds pretty sweet.

6. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    Looking great, Josh! Really great :D How are you guys standing on the Greenlight stuff? Personally I think the whole thing is a massive fail, nothing but a huge popularity contest which means niche games will flounder in GL hell until all the "popular" games have already been picked :( I hope you're high in the charts, at least then we could see a PC version some time :D

7. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    This is by far the best nostalgia-based game for the iPhone. I can't believe I hated it the first time I played it past only two enemies and quit, only to return to the game months later. After beating episodes 1 & 2, I can say that I have never had more fun playing an original iPhone RPG. The music and setting of episode 2 reminds me why I miss the 80's so much. Very inventive, creative and quirky. I'm so glad episode 3 is coming so soon.

8. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Not sure how I mised this the first time . The trailer lookgs great!

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Episode 3 looks cool! Will Marty have some companions in later episodes?

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Can. Not. Wait.

The teasers are too much! Where is my Ep3?

One of my favorite iOS RPGs!!!

11. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    It's definitely a feature we want to see at some point, though you would likely only get a partner during tougher boss fights. If we ever have a chance to do a full sequel - we'd totally be designing for a full party from the start.

12. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Unfortunately we're only 90% of the way to even breaking into the top 100 - there's a lot of hate on Greenlight for games that were already released on mobile devices. The funny thing about that is pretty much everyone who hates SMRPG for that reason always seems to own at least one game that is available on iOS.

The good news is that the Steam crew has always been receptive of us in the past - we can still try to get on to Steam through the normal channels.

13. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    First episode is free, so download it and give it a try! If you like it please consider buying episode 2 + 3. We need all the support we can get!

Glad you're excited - I hope episode 3 lives up to the hype! :)

I'm glad you came back and tried it again - we did a huge balance update in May so maybe that improved your experience. With the upcoming update we've done even more to make the start of the first episode a better experience. We toned down the tutorials, tightened up the intro graphics, and made everything flow better. Hopefully more people who didn't initially enjoy it will come back and like what we've changed.

14. 99c_gamer

Mar 23, 2009
    Im a little bit confused I just finished the first episode. Should I buy the deluxe edition? Will my game transfer or do I need to start over?

15. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    This new update will add a deluxe upgrade to the free version that goes down in price with each episode bought. If you want to keep progress, buy Episode 2 now and then upgrade to deluxe when the new update hits (that will unlock Episode 3+ and all arena battles).

16. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Arena battles...

[Insert .gif of Homer Simpson drooling...]:D

DBC

17. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    I noticed, mate, I noticed :( That's another reason why I'm growing to strongly dislike the GL community.. it brings out the trolling nastiness in people who are, for all intents and purposes, given free rein to be as malicious towards other developers as much as possible. That kind of reaction can be incredibly disheartening and it tarnishes the entire PLATFORM :(

Sadly it's another case of the "vocal minority"

Hopefully you guys can cut proper deals with Valve and get onto Steam without having to go through that troll-infested craphole on GL. I've seen amazing games get torn to shreds by the slathering hatemongers, for no other reason than "I dun lyk dis genere, loololol rpgmaykr crap" nonsense. Then you see games that don't even EXIST that get loved by everyone and Greenlit onto Steam -- I mean, wtf? Interstellar Marines? It doesn't EXIST! >_<

18. 99c_gamer

Mar 23, 2009
    Well the first episode was easily one of the most polished RPGs Ive played its a little short by RPG standards but perfect length for Saturday Morning cartoon standards :)

You guys should try to get this game on the WiiU eshop. Seems like it would be the perfect platform (besides mobile)

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I hope you'll have a chance :D

Done!

20. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    SWEET! Thanks!:D:D

DBC