Subsolar coming on 1/27/11

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Flowermilk, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Flowermilk

Flowermilk Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    Hi

Here comes our second project!
    To answer to the popular demand of a game sharing the same gameplay concept than Love Battle Princess but around a theme that can be played by everyone, we bring you Subsolar!

Here's the trailer:

Subsolar is an arcade iPhone game that takes you to an unforgettable journey through space, in search of a new world for mankind. Its gameplay concept is so original that you’ve never played anything like it (unless you've played Love Battle Princess). It is simple and fun for newcomers but also deep and sophisticated for advanced gamers. Subsolar takes full advantage of the latest iPhone 4 and iOS features, with spectacular Retina graphics, sophisticated visual effects and online Game Center leader boards and achievements.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those of you who are familiar with Love Battle Princess, Subsolar is structured the same way and has pretty much the same gameplay content.
    We're very happy to be able to offer it to a larger audience now.
    We hope you'll enjoy the space exploration theme. We had a lot of fun doing it!

And last but not least, we're stoked to announce that Chris Huelsbeck, better known for his incredible musics on R-Type, Turrican, Z-Out and Star Wars Rogue Squadron, has composed an entirely original soundtrack for Subsolar!
    As retro gaming veterans ourselves and long time fans, it's a blast!

There's more info about the project on our website.

We have already been approved by Apple and the launch date is 1/27/11. The game is compatible with every generation of iPhone and iPod Touch.

2. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Looks great. And I love the music. It triggers a memory, something to do with a dump truck, not sure what exactly but it's a nice memory.

3. J.Leson

J.Leson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    #3 J.Leson, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
    LB princess had such excellent game play mechanics / concepts / art style, so this is a must buy for me. Any word on pricing?

I'll def. be following all of tenshinoir's games from now all. Speaking of which, with this out? What is your next project! :)

4. Looking forward to this! Will there be unlockable wallpapers in this one too? :)

5. coolpowers

coolpowers Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Indie developer
    Coralville / Iowa City
    This means a Retina update for LBP is coming, right? :D

6. SIMOROBO

SIMOROBO Active Member

May 25, 2009
    Bring on the sci-fi theme. This is looking good!
    I'm sure this will help you reach a bigger crowd.

I hope this game will be your well deserved breakthrough on the App Store. It would be awesome!

7. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    #7 Flowermilk, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
    Yes, Retina wallpapers all the same.

$0.99 at launch for a limited period of time and then $1.99. Can't say anything about our next project but nice try :)

8. Love Battle Princess is still one of the few puzzle games on the iPhone that I really enjoy playing. At $0.99, there's no reason not to try this out. Here's hoping to a feature from Apple. :D

9. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    Thanks for the constant support Haruhi! Yeah Apple feature is pretty much the only real good exposure a game can get. Love Battle Princess rating probably prevented it from ever being featured. We'll see what happens with Subsolar but we'll need enough people to get it on day one if we want to have better chances of getting noticed.

10. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Looks like a winner. I made a google calendar event to remind me to purchase it on launch day :).

11. No problem, although I should be the one thanking you for making such an awesome game in the first place. It's a shame that a completely original puzzle concept such as the flower catching mechanic in LBP got (relatively) ignored, but just know you have a group of very supportive fans who are always anticipating your next release.

12. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    You guys are awesome.