Tiny wing vs Angry birds poll only

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gamerstrack, Feb 26, 2011.

1. gamerstrack

gamerstrack Active Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Its been more than a week and tiny wing is on top chart so I thought of putting poll what TA community will think of this.:rolleyes::cool:

Is it a end to angry birds ? :eek: :p

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I don't understand what I will voting for.

3. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Ya, can we compare Battleheart to Stneches and Dungeon Hunter 2 just because they were iPhone game of the weeks. I just don't like these comparisons because they just seem crazy.

But IMO I believe TW will have a hard time getting the widespread appeal. It really doesn't matter though because being the #1 or #2 seller is still pretty good with the cash-flow.

4. More than a week? I thought it was only 3 days!

Voted for Tiny Wings.

5. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    It's been out for a week.

6. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    What does the vote MEAN?

Does voting for one mean I think it will be the #1 app for longer? Tiny Wings has a long way to go to beat Angry Birds at that!

I really love Tiny Wings a lot I have to add. I am playing it a lot too. But in terms of the widespread appeal of Angry Birds that game is not going away anytime soon. It might not be rated number one because of one game or another (and actually was not the #1 app for a game here, a game there, a sale here and there) but I bet it will be top 10 for a very long time and can you say that Tiny Wings will be in the Top 10 for over a year? If it gets bumped from number 1 will it recover that spot within a few days? That is the real question.

Angry Birds has also expanded into making plush, tee shirts, movie cameos, etc. A board game is soon to come and more I am sure. Whenever someone comes across any of these products and is unaware of the game (somehow they were living under a rock somewhere) they will be prompted to check it out - perhaps a new sale that way. Angry Birds has become a universe in and of itself that will be hard for any game to usurp.

Again, I am one of the biggest Tiny Wings lovers too. No disrespect to Andreas meant at ALL. But I am unclear why all these comparisons are being made with Angry Birds.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    NEG is no doubt correct. No game has gained as much popularity and widespread approval as Angry Birds, and honestly, none will. It's a game that's going to reign the top spot of charts just like in 2010 this year. Please stop making these threads.

8. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Shouldn't a poll, you know... ask a question?

9. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I think the poll question is "which game do you like better?"

10. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    ??? Tiny Wings hasnt been number one that long. Angry Birds is the better game, but I like Tiny Wings better.

11. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    This is so biased, angry birds has been out for so long now that people are growing tired of it, while tiny wings is fresh.

12. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Angry Birds has more content, better overall graphics, and simple gameplay. It has everything Tiny Wings has. The only reason why people will say they like Tiny Wings is because they've seen Angry Birds so much. I gurantee within a few months, people are going to whine about Tiny Wings too.

13. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Voted for Tiny Wings just cause. :cool:

14. Never liked Angry Birds.

15. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    And people are tired of Angry Birds being at the top of the charts so they will vote against it...

16. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

It might not be the most original game in the world but the simple fact that Revio has managed to market it so well and turn it into a phenomenon should be applauded even if you don't enjoy the game itself. It's the first smartphone game to reach this level of attention and it's bringing legitimacy to the iPhone as a gaming platform in the eyes of the non-gaming masses. People should be happy that any iPhone game has managed to become recognizable and relevant outside the tiny insulated box of gaming culture for so long rather then being bitter about it.

I have not played enough of Tiny Wings yet to have an opinion on it. :p

17. DieMonstersDie

DieMonstersDie Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Angry Birds has gotten too big, but that doesn't mean every time another game gets hot it is better. It's like every iphone-killer that comes out - everyone wants it to be something it's not.

I played Tiny Wings and I said the same thing I did when I played Angry Birds the first time - this is IT? This is the BEST iOS game? Don't get me wrong, both games are great fun, but not the BEST. I would also consider AB taking back #1. It's possible it fell because they put more time into seasons than the original title lately.

Either way, Tiny Wings isn't in the same class. How many times can you go up and down hills in a linear game? AB has lots of levels and they can keep adding. AB has lots of birds and they can keep adding. AB has bonuses and mini games. Tiny Wings, I don't see that type of expansion.

18. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Tiny Wings was fun for a couple minutes.

Sometimes I wonder why people vastly overrate things.

19. slayerzack1

slayerzack1 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    sony
    i live in japan
    angry birds is a dumb game

20. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    how so? Just because you like does not means its good. Angry Birds is the perfect iOS app and that bugs some people.