Trouble getting rid of a Beta Game Adhoc Profile

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Owen, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I was wondering how I could remove a Beta Game Adhoc that always seems to pop up again in the Profile section under the General Settings no matter how many times I click remove under the Provisioning section when I select the item. I just tried a DFU Restore with 3.01 on my iPhone 3G and the item reappeared so any help would be appreciated as I would really like all traces of this software removed from my iPhone.

2. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I guess I posted this at a bad time as it disappeared while most people were sleeping. Any help would be appreciated.

3. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Delete it straight from the profile file.

4. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    On the phone or through iTunes? It seems to always return when I delete it from my phone whenever I sync it up.

5. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    it should be on itunes google it

6. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    if you have a PC:
    Ok its a bit complex but here is what you do. go to your user file on your computer (if your account name is kyle than open the kyle folder where your documents, music etc. are) then click on tools and scroll down to folder options and open that. then open the "view" tab, look at advanced settings and check the circle that says "Show hidden files and folders". click ok at the bottom to save changes. then look at your account folder a folder should have popped up with the name AppData. open it, then open "roaming" then "apple computer", then "mobile device" and then there is a folder named "provisioning profiles" thats where you can delete or add ones to be synced to your device. Hope that helps :)

IDK about macs sorry.

7. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Clymos, thanks for the info. I am running on Vista and your instructions made it easy to find and delete the file finally.

8. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    No problem, I had the same issue since I have been in quite a few betas and having 15 provisioning profiles is not good haha.