Universal Card City Nights (by Ludosity)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 27, 2014.

1. eyeGamer

eyeGamer Active Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Now I know how the ladies feel in 9/10 of the game they play.
    I'm finding it impossible to relate to the tween chick character.

2. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Erm, you can choose which character you play as when you first start. There's plenty of options beyond the default girl.

3. goonjamin

goonjamin Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    #123 goonjamin, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    Anyone else having problems getting this to work?

I'm on an iPhone 4 with ios 7.1 and it just sits at the card city logo every time I try to load it.

I've tried un-installing/re-installing and rebooting but still nothing. Wondering if it is just me?

4. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    A real shame this game seems to have been forgotten so quickly. I think it's excellent.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I agree, I've been obsessively playing Card City Nights for a while now... it's a lot of fun.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I just finished Card City nights, it was a blast. CCN is a bit casual and plays sort of like a more elaborate version of tic-tac-toe (or bingo) where you have to match attack/defense/heal/netural cards to create effects. The battles were generally easy with a sharp difficulty spike towards the end. Card City Nights is well worth the low asking price and better than it looks for casually toying around. The plot, such as it is, is mainly cartoonish unlocking of new locations with some occasional sight gags but mainly just to compel new card battles with new opponents. Good fun - easily 3.5+ out of 5.

7. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Are there going to be any updates for this hidden gem?

8. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Not showing up yet, but this is now free with Pocket Gamers holiday give away.

9. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    This has been free for more than 12 hours. I wonder why it's showing up yet.

10. replicanttheory

replicanttheory Active Member

Jul 4, 2013
    This game is totally fun and smooth to play on a 5c. There is humor through out the game that makes it an enjoyable experience.

11. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #131 Intendro, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    ...Did my opponent just survive having no cards left? That would explain why I can't do anything. It would be their turn but they have no cards to take their turn with...

I think what I read was, with no cards left in your deck you take "5 - (number of cards in hand)" damage on your turn. And I think I saw them take 5 damage, so... Nothing left...
    They had a single HP left.

Well, I closed the game and tried again. Nothing else to do.
    ...The "give up?" prompt's button still worked, but I was winning. :p

For some reason I can't access the developer's website to find their email and tell them about this... something wrong?

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Does sound odd.
    I haven't had that happen yet, although that is rather a part of my strategy.

I've basically found that I've kept my starter deck allocation and just changed cards here and there accordingly to tweak it.
    I've found the strategy that's worked so far for me is to just build a deck with always more cards then my opponent. Then just survive until they start drawing no cards and their HP because to zero because of that. Which is why I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen your problem yet.

I don't defeat my opponent by attacking their HP either. I disable their cards, or if they play anti-disable, then a bit of both.

And that's where I'll say, while this game has kept my attention, I am using the one deck and playing the same strategy so far. No idea how far through I am, but I do see my self seeing this one out, because despite that, I do like it.

I love winning booster packs and seeing what's in them, and if there is just that one card that might tweak my deck.
    This game is awesome in that it's sort of a light on story, and after battles you can get booster packs. Love it. Not sure there really is a card game on iOS with that booster pack winning thing going on. MTG? Doesn't quite do it like that. Hearthstone...coins or dust unless arena does? But that's not story progression. Shadow era? Coins. Seriously...what games are there that give boosters, and repeatable booster matches at that within the story?

13. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Well, they'd need to be lucky enough and have enough healing during their last 5 turns to survive 1+2+3+4+5= 15 damage.

So they'd need something like 10 HP to start, and two defense combos with three defense cards, with the first combo partly set up before their last 5 turns since that's 6 turns for two combos... that's only assuming normal cards, though, but still. It would take a bit of luck and the right cards in their deck.

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure I saw them take 5 damage at the end. I was, sort of, watching TV at the same time. :p
    But this would explain why my turn wasn't working...

I forgot to mention, my opponent was
    Scientist, in the card alchemy lab.
    They aren't available for a rematch, at least not immediately after defeating them, and I don't really feel like trying to trigger this again anyway. Of course, setting up my own defense-filled deck would be a possibility... but I just feel like continuing the game right now.

14. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Well... I just managed to survive with no cards to play. And I lost with a message stating that.
    So... Huh. Not sure what happened back there, unless the AI didn't lose properly when it happened to them...

15. reallyjoel

reallyjoel Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Hey guys, I just found this thread today! ^^ I'm from Ludosity, the developers behind this. Fun to see so many comments, and glad you generally seem to like it!

We actually haven't closed down development on this game, but our plans for it are a bit unusual: between every other game we work on, we plan to add stuff from that game to CCN, along with some nice new features. So right now we're working on Ittle Dew 2 and so when that is out, expect an update to CCn with new cards and new features (new modes probably).

Who knows what CCN is in 10 years time =)

16. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015

This is great to hear! I am holding you to this.. ;)

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    That's wonderful news! Though I have the impression that this could be a long ways away :p Now I'm all excited. I should replay the game all over again. Definitely my favorite card game on iOS.

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Great news! I own this on Steam and iOS, so I am looking forward to those updates!

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Not really news as such.

Eager all the same.

20. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Playing on an iPhone 6S here with the latest os. Strangely the game doesnt have any backgroundmusic which i so enjoyed when i had a 4S. Fiddlednwith the in-game settings, all to no avail.