Any other light-redirecting games like Guide the Light?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MasterChief3624, Jan 23, 2013.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2642024

That's the thread for the game, Guide the Light.

It's a game about redirecting light using mirrors, to light up gems and complete the level. It's such a great game, but I despise the addition of time constraints and enemies/hazards.

So I was wondering: Are there any other good light-directing games on the App Store, preferably those without time constraints or enemies?

2. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    There was a game where you played as a (BRACE YOURSELF!) a cat shooting lasers out of your eyes. And there was another cat and you had to hit it using the mirrors. Don't know the name though. No time limit and no enemies.

3. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    HOLY TWINKIES ON A MOON FILLED WITH CHEESE!

:eek: A kitty, you say?

Need the name of that app. NAO. :eek:

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Lmao. There was one with a beaver scientist

5. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    A separate one with a beaver scientist? Not a beaver scientist experimenting on laser cats? :eek: You guys are seriously leaving me hanging with these amazing-sounding games :eek:

Aha! Thank you very much! I have played a little bit of it and it is insanely difficult haha. I suppose I should be thankful, though. So thank you. I'm sure I"ll get the hang of it eventually :)

6. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    #7 secondtime, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    That one was called SciBeaver Adventures HD (iPad) or SciBeaver Adventures for iPhone/iPod:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=166133

It's pretty interesting - you move lenses and mirrors around to focus light on certain objects - light lightbulbs, burn string, etc. Getting the lenses just right can take some doing, and it's a fun puzzler in that respect.

7. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Oh thank you very much! :D I have downloaded and played this one on my iPhone, and so far I am liking it quite a bit. It seems like it has the potential to be more satisfying than Light the Flower in the long run, but again I may just not be used to the mechanics of Light the Flower so who knows? :p

Well it seems the developer gods are watching this topic, because a game just came out called Sunny Drops (link to App Store page for it), and the object of the game looks to be directing light to fairies to give them life!

So far in the thread for the game, it sounds like the gameplay is not the easiest to grasp, and regardless of the cutesy nature of the voiceovers and material about fairies, it has shades of a very adult game. But other than these worries, it seems like a good game, especially for the occasion of this thread! It's Free, too, so yippee ki-yay! :cool:

I haven't played it yet, unfortunately, but I hope to play it soon. :)

Any other suggestions for puzzle games dealing with light? Anyone find the name of that game with cats that shoots lasers out of their eyes? :eek:

8. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I did a quick look, and found one called Aargon (sorry, no cats). Calls itself a "mind twisting laser and logic game". Looks pretty good - free to try and if you like it, a separate "gold" version to get all IAPs in one game. Looks like it's iPhone only. Oh, found a TA thread from a while ago:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=42124&highlight=aargon

9. AppyNation

AppyNation Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    London
    D'aww, we're sorry you despise the time limits so much in Guide The Light :(

We're going to check out all these other games you've been mentioning here as well, seems like some fun ones! We love all reflecting light games, but then we're totally biased :p