AppButler

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Genius, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    An app called appbutler came out but now its gone can anyone else see it it allows you to organize (nonjailbroken)

2. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Can find it.
    Link :confused:

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    If someone uses this can they post some impressions? On their screens, it appears that you lose icon space to have something that just acts like a number, or an indent - and does not really index, or let you have lots of apps on the phone that would now be shown instead off in memory only land.

4. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    #5 kohjingyu, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
    Was this even allowed on the App Store?

Are the icons on the iPhone screen or in their app?

After Googling and experimenting with it, I see how it does it.

Basically you navigate to http://iphone.appbutler.com on your iPhone/iPod Touch. Click Sets and choose your icon type.

Then add it as a webapp for your iphone. It doesn't give folders if that's what you're thinking, like I thought.

Hmm, but somehow the "Select Icon" button doesn't work on the iPhone. Strange. Can anyone else get this to work?

5. randomcyn

randomcyn Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Canada
    "Select Icon" worked fine for me. It sent me to another page, and then on that page you do the "add to home screen" thing and the icon is added.

But, yeah, it doesn't actually organize apps, it's just a way to label manually organized apps. I used the page number icons because I like to put different app categories on different pages, and it was a nice neat way to label the pages. But I wouldn't want to give up any more app space than that.

6. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Cool, never heard of this but I might actually use the breakers for my games... Thanks! ;)

7. aluren

aluren Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Cool concept! But definitely not for those (like me) that already have like 10 pages of apps.

8. whizkidcat

whizkidcat New Member

Sep 19, 2009
    organizing 11 screens on my iTouch

Hi I'm new to the iTouch and in my excitement I have downloaded 11 pages of Games, Utilities etc...! :) I want more!! :0 but how do I organize what I have so I don't have to use so many pages (screens)? CAN I get more screens? I don't mind swipping thru screens but it would be nice to have "Icons" (folders) (not tabs to separate what I have) for each category to save space on the 11 screens we are alloted. Games, Utilities etc.. instead of 11 screens I would only have to use 3 or 4. Is this possible?? Thanks!

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Only way is to jailbreak and use a program called Categories.

The app they are talking of here actually takes more of your springboard space just to put in spacers. It does nothing else for organization. Apple gets a Fail for their lack of folders, particularly in devices that can now hold 64 Gb. Hopefully one of these days.

Your current options are jailbreak as mentioned, keep deleting to keep under 11 pages, use the glitch- sorry I don't have the thread because I am on iPhone, you can search for it in this forum though , or just run over the lit and use the global search to retrieve.

10. apptizr_dave

apptizr_dave New Member

Dec 8, 2009