Universal DARIUSBURST SP [by TAITO]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This game looks SICK!!!

2. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Seriously!!! This isn't my genre but I watched Sanuku's video (THANK YOU!!!) and oh my...what an AMAZING looking game! And reading that it is buttery smooth even on 3GS...I'm tempted!

3. Cleankutazn

Cleankutazn New Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Wow this game is top notch, no wonder they charge $10. Just played for 10 seconds and I was really impressed. Smooth and awesome graphics.

4. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Yep, awesome horizontal shmup. Super glad too, I was having to resort to Deathsmiles ALL the time to get my fix of the genre.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #85 Exact-Psience, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
    Never was a huge fan of bullet hell shmups. This, on the other hand, is my cup of tea.

How I wish they port Gradius 1 and 2 and Salamander/Life Force to the iOS. :)

6. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    Same here. I grew up with the above mentioned shooters, and never quite got into the bullet hell thing. While we're at it, I wish they'd do Space Megaforce, Blazing Lazers and an updated Zanac on ios!

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Have you tried the turbografx16 app? It has gradius and salamander, though I'd love dedicated high quality ports myself.

8. TheStark

TheStark Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    DAT MUSIC! :eek:

Tapping the buy button like crazy! Thank you, Taito! :D

9. relsircspotcat

relsircspotcat Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Apps Developer
    bought this just now. I noticed this game was last updated on Jan. 30, 2012 at the Philippine appstore???

anyway, trying it out now.

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I'm so stoned about two things, well, three things.
    Though again in favour of the iphone (phew), no screen-orientation.
    Incredible miss !!! :eek:
    To nag: the icon says "DARI...URST", don't the devs care about ?
    And third, MORE of this stuff please. I love to pay for quality !

11. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Man, those things get you stoned? And all this while I've been paying for weed, who knew.

12. TheStark

TheStark Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    OMFG, this game is totally awesome. I'm sorry CAVE, but this time... you lose.

13. Elsic1975a

Elsic1975a New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Now if only we could get the Treasure trifecta: Gradius V, Radiant Silvergun, and Ikaruga. (And Guardian Heroes at it, because what the hell, lol).

Come to think of it, if Square would release Einhander, and we could get Thunder Force 3, 4, and 5….*drool*

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Retina was just the icing on the cake...seriously. :) Definitely worth every penny. Gotta say I'm loving this "you get what you pay for" premium pricing on the App Store. SoulCalibur, this, Ghost Trick, the upcoming Phoenix Wright 123HD...it's awesome to see iOS being taken seriously.

15. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Based on all the feedback, took the plunge. Was very hesitant, due to the cost, but after reading and watching, absolutely love it. Thank you TA gang for the insightful feedback and helpful info.

16. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Truer words were never spoken.

17. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    #97 Vally, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
    Here's the thing though - How would you get Radiant Silvergun's weapon system on the iPhone or even the iPad?

The game had 7 weapons, all assigned to different buttons on a Saturn or XB360 pad.

The arcade version had 3 buttons, of which all different possible combinations fired off a different weapon.

This would NOT work comfortably on an iPhone. Even iPad would be a stretch.

The Gradius series in general though should be an okay fit, and Ikaruga's control system is simple enough.

Have Treasure shown any signs of iOS support at all yet?

---

On topic with the actual game, it's very nice to see this being ported over to iOS. I own the PSP original and unfortunately it didn't grab me for too long, but this does make a very nice change from the scoring systems and hooks of Cave games. Very nicely presented, and scoring is simple. Shoot stuff with your burst.

The low difficulty is still there, and I'm not keen on the way the default settings are infinite credits and easy mode however.

I AM glad there are different scoreboards for the different ships this time, as well as the different goals.

If Taito's in a phase of porting old games like Rayforce however, I would absolutely adore an HD remix of G-Darius. Definitely the best in the Darius series (Gaiden with a close second).

18. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    I'm also in favour of having a screen orientation button- it's slightly annoying having my headphone jack in the way of my hand when trying to play. Also, seconding that 'Dari...Urst" looks ridiculous. I mean, seriously?

I can see how the 'low difficulty' complaints might dampen enthusiasm, however changing to hard mode, no continues is where it's at for me. I may not be a hardcore shmup vet like some others, but i'm finding it pretty tough trying to 1cc this on hard mode, going through the tougher choice of stages (i.e. the bottom route.)

On a side note, apart from the music, does anyone else think the boss mecha designs are really awesome? Guys like Mirage Castle look so cool!

19. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I'm not getting the title issues others are getting.

[​IMG]

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm guessing it's 'coz you're on an iPad. I remember seeing Monkey Labour on an iPad in a video, and the title was fine...whereas it's Mon...our (or something to that extent) on iPhone.