Is Sony Pictures actually Sony?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by hdgreen, Jun 18, 2009.

1. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

I've just checked my app store and received an update for the Sony Pictures app that i have on my ipod touch.
    But the strange thing is that the update was no longer from "Sony Pictures" but from "Xpress" the same people that make UniWar.
    Heres the link to it: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=291436438&mt=8

The weird thing is that the application description and the update information don't sound like Sony. They sound strange.
    And also if you search sony in the store there are three different sony's. One which is obviously ligitimate because it has Jeopardy which is featured on sony's actual website. And then theres these two others.
    When the update appeared i searched sony and looked at the actual app i remember downloading, its also offering a NEW update. One thats description also doesnt sound like sony and it apparently freezes after ten seconds of loading.

What im wondering is, is this a dodgy app and is my ipod infected with something?

2. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

#2 jchampl, Jun 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
    xpressed made the application for sony pictures. it's legit. the one from xpressed is the old application

if you read it says to download the new application from sony pictures, as this old one will not be updated.

3. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

oh right. well the new one doesnt work.

4. jchampl

5. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    It works for me too

6. jchampl

hey midwest beer friend! ;)

7. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    hey! still waiting on my friend to bring me the BBQ :rolleyes:

8. jchampl

make sure you rub it in, when he does ;)

9. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    don't worry, i will :D