iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    #781 SuperWeird, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    Forget-Me-Not
    Goat Up
    Air Attack HD
    Silverfish Max
    Velocispider
    Frogger Decades

But whatever you do, make sure to get Forget-Me-Not, that game is amazing on the iCade.

2. chutch15

chutch15 Member

Dec 30, 2011
    I'd like to see the Tron Legacy apps get iCade support. The tanks, light cycles and Recognizers would be great with a real joystick.

3. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Actually most of the JB emulators already have iCade support built in. Heres the list:

iMame4all
    Snes9x
    Nes.emu
    MD.emu (Genesis)
    gpSphone (GBA)
    temper4iphone (TurboGrafx16)

Most of these cost money on the Cydia store however, but IMO all are totally worth it. You need the latest version of each to use with the iCade (version 1.4.8 for most of those emus.)

4. Motoki

Motoki New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    #784 Motoki, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    On the Android side of things, BluezIME is now supporting the iCade. There's a test version in the apk attachment here:

http://code.google.com/p/android-bluez-ime/issues/detail?id=112#c14

I tried it and it does work for me and maps the iCade to much more standardized controls allowing it to work on many more games.

The official version up on the Android Market should be updated for the iCade support soon but has not been updated for iCade yet.

There is a caveat that your version of Android must support the LCAP protocol and many stock versions of or 2.* (Gingerbread, Froyo etc) may not so you may need to use a custom rom in order for it to work. The Cyanogen mod, for reference, does support LCAP.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I feel like I should love Forget-Me-Not, but even on iCade I find the game hard to control. Something about moving forward while pushing against a wall to scrape it I just can't get the hang of. It's like patting your head and rubbing your belly at the same time. Some people can do that, others can't. As such I'm missing out on a key strategy and whenever I try to do that, the results are frustratingly poor. So I end up not having much fun with it.

6. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    It's actually based on the mechanic used in the original PAC-MAN. You can always turn ahead of time in PAC-MAN. Since this has much influence from that game, I am pretty sure that is where the developer got the idea. Welcome to the world of arcade games which require physical dexterity! Meaning it actually takes practice to get good.

For the record, I am also bad at it :). But I enjoy the challenge.

7. darebear999

darebear999 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Agreed! However, they should make it a universal app rather than charging people twice for it. I always hate when they try to do that. I also think they should release an ios version of Space Paranoids with icade control.

8. savant42

savant42 New Member

Jan 3, 2012
    What I'd really love to see is a means to create third party skins for the icade. I saw that ThinkGeek ran a contest with some good results, but not sure if they're going to market them. I'd love a Space Paranoids themed icade.

9. chutch15

chutch15 Member

Dec 30, 2011
    I got one of them for free before they charged for it.

Space Paranoids would be great, but you would probably need a dial to rotate your turret.

10. BlastoStitch

BlastoStitch New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Just tried blutrol with Dragons Lair HD. Works great! Note: only Dragons Lair HD worked normal Dragons Lair was a no go.

Maybe a thread for BluTrol supported apps would be awesome?

11. KrisjohnTwin

KrisjohnTwin Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    More titles:

Smash Toons Xmas
    AAA - An Alien Annihilation
    Dynamite Dan II
    Starstrike II

12. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

#792 Spamcan, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
    I was referring to Hudson's TG16 emulator on the app store and I managed to get it working by setting the games to portrait. I do have iMAME and NES.EMU installed and they both work great but I'd rather purchase the games legally then pay for an emulator if it's an option. Bluetrol is kind of fickle but I did manage to get it working with the genesis games, I just had to flip the iPad. :rolleyes:

Currently I have the following configured and working with bluetrol:
    1-bit Ninja
    Pinball HD/War Pinball/ACDC Pinball/Slayer Pinball
    Bean's Quest
    Canabalt
    Frogatto
    Jetpack Joyride
    Minecraft PE
    NBA Jam
    Panic Springs
    Prince of Persia Retro
    Q*Bert Deluxe
    Rally-X
    Reckless Racing
    Sonic 1/Sonic 2/Sonic CD
    Sync Simple
    Tetris
    Turbographx-16 Game Box
    Robot Unicorn Attack
    iDOS

13. SKELETOR68

SKELETOR68 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    DND, Canadian Forces Soldier, Arty
    CFB Wainwright, Alberta Canada
    Mrs Pac Man

Any word on Mrs Pac Man getting iCade support? i know it is on iMAME, and Pac Man in the app store works very well.

14. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

15. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    waku waku 7

Anyone able to get waku waku 7 running on imame?

16. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    And has dual sticks which iCade doesn't, when more devs support that it will be awesome

17. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    Perhaps a button press could take you in and out of turret mode, where the stick would be used for aiming instead of moving. I wish for an icade with a trackball and joystick. It would be great for this and games like centipede and missile command.

18. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Working on it!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=119408

19. romanista

romanista Member

you might want to look here
    http://wosland.podgamer.com/?p=12502

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    But it isn't possible for apps to use them, at least not non-jailbreak apps. iOS doesn't support it. The only reason the iCade works is because it sends key-presses, which makes for a purely digital input.