Stuntman Eddie: a new take on stunt bike games.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tactile, Jul 2, 2013.

1. tactile

tactile Member

Jul 2, 2013
    #1 tactile, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    Hi! We (Tactile Fusion a small 3 man developer) are very excited to share with you all that our first game Stuntman Eddie has gone live on the Australian, Canadian, New Zealand and Singapore app stores for free! (Universal app)

Enjoy a challenge? Angry birds meet Joe Danger. What?
    Yes this is not your normal stunt bike balance/rotate game! Set your revs and ramp angle and make the jump through many dangers. Perform impressive stunts via our swipe touch controls to increase your score. There’s a lot of depth to the game and hours of play.

You can share videos of your jumps via Everyplay and challenge your friends, here’s some we’ve done during testing.

We can’t wait for your constructive comments; it’s a soft launch for now to allow us to make final tweaks in response to feedback and your chance here to shape the game.

Hope you enjoy playing it as much as we do!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rev up and start Eddie's daredevil journey! Jumping cars, trucks and buses before progressing and performing even more daring jumps across canyons, city rooftops, shark infested waters and more! Skill and timing is of the essence as you manoeuvre Eddie through rings of fire, panes of glass, over helicopters and perform mid-air stunts such as the Coffin, Superman and the amazing Whirlwind before nailing that perfect landing to maximise your score!

Challenge friends to a Stadium 'stunt off' to see who is the greatest stuntman!

Get instant replays of your amazing jumps and share them via Facebook, YouTube and Twitter!

It's fun, free and easy to play, but hard to master, so get downloading and get jumping!

Features:

- New Fun Controls: A unique new stunt bike experience!
    - Career: A highly addictive 3 Star level based mode (90+ levels)!
    - Social Stadium: Create your own jumps and show off on the leaderboard!
    - Daily Challenge: A chance every day to earn bonus rewards!
    - Tours: Compete with friends over 5 consecutive jumps in an effort to beat their scores and take their trophies!

Plus:

- 4 Upgradable Bikes: Upgrade your bike (Power, Suspension, Grip and Weight) and purchase new bikes as you progress.
    - 10 Stunts: Learn and unlock ever increasingly impressive stunts as you progress including the Superman, Coffin, Tsunami, Whirlwind.
    - 75+ Missions: Complete missions to gain extra rewards.
    - 6 Fun Power Ups: Including the Rocket, Parachute, Slow-Mo and more.
    - Challenge Friends: Post a challenge to beat your score on any level and you both gain coins when they do!
    - Achievements: 40+ Game Center Achievements.
    - 5 Leaderboards: Facebook and Game Center.
    - Share Videos: Share your best jumps via YouTube, Facebook and Twitter!

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Looks really cool. Can't wait for it to hit the US App Store.

3. andsee

andsee New Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Thanks NOEN, we are looking forwards to sharing it with everyone soon.

4. Robio

Robio Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Try adding some shading to the character, looks a bit too flat. :)
    Flaming crotch is always a crowd pleaser!

5. tactile

tactile Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Thanks for that Robio, we will take a look see how it works in game. I assume you're talking about Eddie the stunt guy in game, although perhaps the other overlay characters could do with more shading.

6. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Great Stuntman, i will get it. Have IAPs?

7. tactile

tactile Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Hi Cynuyt.

Yes it does have IAPs if you feel that way inclined. In testing we played the game without using them, and played as a consumer who didn’t want to spend anything so the game is well balanced for enjoying that play pattern, after all I suspect that will be most people. I worry we may have been too generous! But if you enjoy the game please support us and buy something, my personal recommendation would be the coin doubler, or just play with friends and help us by spreading the game.

If you play with friends then we have what we believe is reasonably unique feature that you gain coins whenever a friend beats one of your challenges or you beat one of theirs. This gives a serious boost to your coins and hopefully helps us by spreading the game.

Overall though just enjoy the game!

When you play the game let us know your thoughts, we are all avid gamers and hope everyone will enjoy the level at which we have balanced the game.

8. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I'm enjoying this one. But once the fuel is gone you have to close the app and wait until it's filled again or you have to watch a 20 sec Video for 3 fuel units (that means you can make 3 stunts)

9. tactile

tactile Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Hi sink_or_swim.

Glad you're enjoying it where are you up to?

We may have become immune to the 20s videos that you can optionally watch for an extra 3 units of fuel, I'm not sure. But yes in testing we sat through them to gain an extra 3 jumps / units of fuel. We often found during those 3 jumps we also gained an extra unit of fuel as it refuels at around a unit every 5 minutes or so. We would play it for 4 hours non stop using this method (we tested in the morning and fixed bugs / made improvements in the afternoon)

The tank doubler IAP ($0.99) is good in this respect although we refrained from using it in testing. It will double the capacity of your fuel tank (for those who have not played the game think CSR) so that it will fill up to 20 units of fuel over time (around 1.5 hours I think)

If you're lucky you may find that if you go to the fuel shop and click earn fuel there may be options to install another game for a reasonable amount of fuel rather than watching a video for 3 units.

But as I say in testing we just watched the 20s or so videos every now and then to gain the fuel we needed, at least it stays free that way.

10. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I'm currently at #1 on the stadium leaderboards :D

Yep it's okay to watch a Video every now and then for some fuel. Is this limited to x videos per day or is it possible to watch them over and over again and always get fuel for it?
    One thing I don't like.. People should pay a buck for the tank doubler but they are still not able to play as many games as they want, that's not fair imo.

11. tactile

tactile Member

Jul 2, 2013
    #11 tactile, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
    Hi sink_or_swim.

Excellent work No 1 on the leaderboards. I really enjoyed playing levels competitively with the other two team members. I wasn't so happy that they managed to beat me on levels that I had designed though ;-)

There is a limit on the number of times you can refuel by watching adverts. There's a hard daily limit of 20 per area (so that would equate to 120 jumps a day plus a unit for every 5 minutes that takes, quite a few!) We started to hit that when testing, but hopefully you won't hit that limit. But just incase we added an extra video partner so hopefully there will always be a way of earning more fuel. So if the earn fuel option on the map disappears then check the fuel store which has a couple of other earn options. Let us know if there isn't a way though and we will see if we can find another partner to extend continuous free play.

I found with the tank doubler it gave me a good session before running out of fuel (unless I was trying to beat a colleague's score on one level argh!) but obviously it would have been better if it was an infinite tank. Playing CSR again after your comment and I realise they have the ability to refill the tank with their premium currency. We shall discuss the structure of fuel again, see if we can make it better value for money.

12. tactile

tactile Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Excellent news, The app is now also available on the following stores:

Canada
    New Zealand
    Singapore
    Australia

13. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    Is this in US or no?

14. scott99

scott99 Active Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Looks like Daredevil Dave.

15. tactile

tactile Member

Jul 2, 2013
    It's not in the US yet sorry, it's a soft launch for us to make final tweaks. We're looking forward to releasing in the US and our home the UK so our friends can play it!

16. tactile

tactile Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Hi scott99, yes there are similarities in that Daredevil Dave is all about a single jump just like Stuntman Eddie. The main play differences are:

You set your speed via a one off rev setting as opposed to altering your revs during the approach.

A huge amount of the game play comes from the stunts and challenges you have to perform whilst flying through the air. There are currently 10 different stunts which you can chain together, each with it's own characteristics affecting your air resistance and hence flight. But most importantly affecting your reach allowing you to pick up balloons if stunts are timed right. Trying to get 3 stars in some levels is almost puzzle like. There's a reasonably deep scoring algorithm which makes deciding how to beat a friend's score on a level challenging and fun.

The surrounding game progression which makes for quite a considerable amount of the game is completely different.

We hope you enjoy it should you decide to give it a go when it's released in your region.

17. tactile

tactile Member

Jul 2, 2013
    We are preparing the next update for Apple, if you've experienced any issues with the current build please contact us here or via [email protected]. We appreciate your time and in return would love to add you to the credits of the game.

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Popped up on Appshopper this morning, but nothing on the App Store. Not sure if it was pulled or what. I played it during a Soft Launch and it was pretty good, but it seemed to freeze up a lot and crash. Hopefully that is fixed now.

19. tactile

tactile Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Hi Noen,

We've been very busy tweaking, polishing and generally improving the game over the soft launch period and are expecting to release very soon. The latest build is currently in the lap of Apple. We've fixed the issues we were aware of, so hopefully they include the issues you were experiencing. We will continue to listen to feedback though looking for any other issues that could be lurking hidden away.

Looking forward to the full release and seeing people sending challenges between friends. If you're competitive like us then it takes on a whole new level of enjoyment trying to eak out a few more points to beat a friend. Plus you gain loads more coins playing this way making progression quite easy.

Hope you enjoy it.

Any issues either post a comment here or privately to [email protected]

You can find more news and information on some of the things coming in the update on our facebook page

20. tactile

tactile Member

Jul 2, 2013