Action adventure game in the works, constantly updating. Video inside :D

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Player_E, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Player_E

Player_E Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Hey everyone,

First I wanted to get acquainted with everyone. I'll start off by letting you know more about me. I am a 20 year old college student who loves everything to do with video games. I decided to start this project about a month ago, but took a break due to lose in motivation.

I have decided to open a thread as a type of blog for this game. I hope to get feedback from the community as to features or ideas they would like to see implemented into the game. I will try my best to get everything in that the community would like to see.

here is a video of what I have done so far. Sorry about quality I had to use a free program to record due to the fact that I'm a broke college student...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyz77DuBQTk

I am aiming for an action adventure game with some RPG elements in it. After Watching the video if you guys have any suggestions or ideas that you would like to see in the game just post below.

Thanks guys and I hope you enjoy what I'm working on.

P.S.
    Take it easy when it comes to graphics, sadly I'm no artist...

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
  3. Player_E

Apr 8, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Thanks man.

Any feedback on what you would like to see in the game?

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Not at the moment since it still looks like its in early development. Survival mode would be cool and maybe some easter eggs/ hidden items(those always make games fun). :)

5. Canadian1309

Canadian1309 New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    If your serious and looking for ideas (which I only see proof to suggest that) then I suppose I could through you some. I like how the video demonstrates a rts style control of characters. It would be neat if it wasnt direct top down like it is so you could see more of the characters and flesh out a personality for each one. Then it could be a rts with only the 3 characters (id add one more, 4 seems like a good team). An adventure game with top down perspective gives me a crystal chronicles vibe (if youve ever heard of it) which I think would be a neat experience on ios. Obviously not the same thing, but you could definately pick up some good habits from it. Could you elaborate more on your own hopes and desires for this project?

6. Player_E

Apr 8, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Im sad I just wrote an entire post and it got erased :(

@Canadian
    Thanks man I'll look into Crystal Chronicles to see if I can get some ideas to put in.

Idea I had in mind was like Left 4 Dead, but with some RPG elements. I have not quite developed the RPG part though.

I figured I could have the character level, but there is no viable stat that I could increase as they level. Then I thought maybe I could make their weapons level up. Let me know what your thoughts are even if you think I should ditch the whole RPG part as well.

But back to the action adventure part what I had planned out for the story was this.

The main character is the Cop and you are trying to get back home to get to your wife and kid. Along the way you run into the character in yellow (supposed to be a teenage boy). You decided to take him with you because he is looking for his family as well. on your way you run into a military road block they inform that the area has been over run and any survivors have been transported to an outpost. On military personnel decides to go with you to help out. That is how all three get together.

The rest of the game is making your way to the outpost. I still have not fully developed that part, but I want to have different game play elements so its not the same thing over and over. I plan on having parts where you have to hold one spot for a certain time and night levels with limited vision.

Thats all i have right now because I have not written anything down until now.

But if you have any ideas on gameplay story or anything let me know Im looking forward to trying to get in what others think will make it better.

This post isn't as detailed as the previous one that got erased, but I hope this helps.

7. Player_E

Apr 8, 2010
    Phoenix, Az