Pro Strategy Football 2016

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ProStrategyFootball, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProStrategyFootball

ProStrategyFootball Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Just a quick update on what's in store for PSF 2016.

Here are some things I’ve already added:
    - can now easily swap starters and subs, which will be important as I’m adding fatigue
    - can now tell your players to burn the clock and stay in bounds
    - can now “watch the clock” to have the Clock Dialog come up automatically each play if the clock is running
    - defense can now guard the sidelines (as in the last two minutes), but that opens the middle more
    - added ability to flip between strong left and right
    - added “Auto Suggest” mode to have the AI automatically suggest a play for you each down (which you can change, of course)
    - increased number of injury categories (will increase it more when I add individual linemen later)
    - Playbooks on both offense and defense (this will probably be an IAP, and I plan on continuing to improve it)
    - added defensive options to guard the sidelines, will add more later (below)

And now I’m working on mainly Career tasks, but some more coaching tasks as well. I’m working from a burn down list, and will release the game in August this year, and can then continue adding features later in the year. I’m also going to be adding IAPs for optional use, but never for anything that’s required (kind of “buy to win” for people who like to do that). All IAPs will be more for people who want to build super teams at the cost of some realism.

PSF will have at least most of these in August. Anything not completed will be added later in the Fall if possible.
    - Fatigue on both offense and defense. You'll need to rest players or see their performance drop and even risk injuring them. Will be able to wear down defenses, too.
    - Configure your coaching staff, preferred formations, weather, etc
    - Team Drills to focus on some areas (at cost to other areas if you’re not careful), including penalties, turnovers, red zone, two minute offense, and defensive stamina.
    - Player training to let you increment specific attributes on players. I’m not allowing too many players or too huge changes, and I’ll let users buy tokens to increase the number of changes, but again, you’ll get a small number for free to keep it more realistic.
    - Scouting before the draft. Draftees will now be in tiers, and you’ll have to scout players to see specific values.
    - Adding Player potential.
    - Trading Draft picks!
    - break offensive and defensive lines up into individual men. This will replace the overall team run blocking and pass blocking ratings, etc. Defensive players will have strength and speed, in addition to their current attributes.
    - Free Agency. I’m putting this last, because it will be the most time consuming, and I’d rather add many of the above and then work on this later.

And these will get in asap:
    - Zone blitz (and more zone options, either in August or later)
    - QB Read and the abilities for a linebacker to shadow the QB

Also, while some of the new features (playbooks, for example) will be IAPs, but I’m working hard to make sure that no IAPs will be necessary for play, but instead will add optional features or some “pay to win” options.

BTW, I've also completed a Windows version and will complete a Mac version this year, and I'm trying to get the game approved for sale on Steam.

2. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    it is good to know that !

3. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
  4. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    #4 ProStrategyFootball, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Psf 2016

PSF 2016 has been Greenlit, and will be on the Steam store! Planned release is late August. I really need to update the video at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608100059, because I've added a ton since making it.

In addition to nice coaching options, including the ability to easily swap players in and out and more, I've added a ton to Career Play.
    • - Trading Draft Picks can help you improve a bad team more quickly at the cost of future picks
    • - Scout draftees in the upcoming draft to see if you want to trade up or down
    • - automate any phase of the career now
    • - Training Camp lets you focus on key players and improve their ratings
    • - Team Drills let you work on Team attributes
    • - More Team Attributes this year, such as Two Minute Offense, Defensive Stamina, Ball Control, and more!

5. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Awesome! Congrats. Can't wait to play this years version

6. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Thanks!

BTW, another new coaching feature - you can tell your defense to guard the sidelines or play normally. Now, some defenses such as two-deep already make life tougher on wide receivers, but with this new option, you're having your defenders give up some middle area to protect the sidelines. This mainly affects medium and long passes.

So, for example, if this is selected against me, then my chances are slightly better if throw crossing or inside routes and slightly worse if I throw sideline routes or fades. If I throw a hook or comeback, then it depends on whether I'm throwing to a back (who will be running toward the middle of the field) or a wideout (who will be running down the sideline and turning).

Just another chess move. On defense, you can always just play normal, but you can also mix this in occasionally if you know the offense is trying for the sidelines.

7. Huge49erFan

Huge49erFan New Member

Aug 18, 2015
    This is going to be a really sweet football sim. I've played previous versions of it and I find that it's the closest thing to Madden Franchise mode that I've experienced. This year's improvements look to make the game even deeper than before. I'm looking forward to establishing another 49ers dynasty :)

8. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
  9. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Any player name editors and speaking of that will drafted players still be a mix of names already in the game
    Not being critical just honest questions since I love this game neither are deal breakers either this is still the best football game on App Store
    And not sure how hard it would be to get around it but would it be possible in the future to do this for college football since the whole recruiting etc would be great in this style game I guess like a lot of fans lately I'm more into the college game

10. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Hey, great questions! Right now, the draft is still a mix of names in the game, but I'm working on that. In fact, I have a huge backlog of things I want to get in the game, and I'm hoping to get that particular item in within the first couple of updates. You can edit player names, team names, and now team nicknames. The nickname appears in the endzone.

I would love to do college, but I can't figure out yet how to get around the school names issue. For example, what would I name Florida and Florida State, much less all the schools in Texas? But I'm with you, I keep hoping there will eventually be a way to do it. I would *love* conferences, bowl games, etc.

I'd also love to someday do past pro leagues.

Thanks for the feedback!

11. PDP

PDP Member

Jul 14, 2011
    I see that the PC version is up on Steam now, but for the life of me can't find the iOS version. Is it out yet, and if not any ETA?

Cheers