iPhone Dungeons & Dragons: Lords of Waterdeep (By Playdek)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Aug 16, 2013.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/16/dungeons-dragons-lords-of-waterdeep-headed-to-ipad/

2. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Omg! I own this boardgame and it is a fun awesome resource management game! This is a day one buy for me! Such a fun game!

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    D&D and Playdek, nice! I look forward to seeing this.

4. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    The only bad thing with Playdek is that they rarely fix bugs once an app is out, sadly. And even getting a reply back, barring automated response, is next to impossible.

5. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    I could not disagree with this post more.

Use [email protected] if you have problems in the future.

6. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Sorry, I have been using that email address time and time again. Zero response back on everything,,and yes, I check my spam folder as well. I am not alone in this either.

7. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I can't speak to their customer service, but the games they make are flawless. What bug are you referring to? I've played several thousand games of Ascension and don't recall ever experiencing a crash or having rules not enforced. I'm not saying there are none, I just haven't see one. What bugs have you seen, I'm genuinely curious?

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    It's due out this month! I am really looking forward to it. I own the board game and it is one of my favorites. But I'm also a little hesitant. To be honest I have pretty much stopped playing board games on my iOS devices. I have found that they tend to burn me out on the games and then I don't want to play them at all, real world or not. There's something to be said for NOT playing a game constantly. Still, I will buy this and hope it doesn't kill the magic for me….

I will probably not play asynch at all. Asynch is the worst as far as burning me out is concerned. There is live play, so I will take advantage of that.

9. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    yeah, well, one more disapointment in the likes of ultima, d&d arena, dungeonhunter 3 etc, and i wont buy another ios game unless it clearly states it is created by an indie or team of indies.

enough is enough of slaughtering good concepts for pure greed. I'll keep the faith up one last time though :)

10. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Playdek started as an indie company and through making great games became a big developer. Or are company's only cool if they are indie and release crappy games and never make money.

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Looking forward to this game.

12. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I have not played this boardgame before. In general, is it difficult to learn / play or it's somehow simple? For example Bang! is not easy but it's not very complicated either, so it's just fine! Thank you.

13. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    It's essentially a resource management game themed as a lord sending out adventurers to do jobs and finish quests in he city of Waterdeep, purchasing new buildings and using your influence to gain resources and gain territory. Every lord gets private quests and overt quests so while you are trying to gain resources (resources are people or rather adventurers in this game, Wizards, Fighters, Rogues and Clerics) and complete quests you also have your own personal secret agenda to try and fulfill so you are balancing your actions each turn between fulfilling your quests and your secret agenda all the while trying to keep other players from reaching theirs. There is some level of learning curve but the basics of the game are easy enough to learn while it is open to your own strategy.

If you need a comparison, it has elements of Agricola, Stone Age and Caylus while not being as complex as those, but also being just as fun!

14. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    I was mostly thinking of wizards here, not the actual realizers. Im still so utterly disapointed with arena.. all those resources and concept, and thats what they came up with.

15. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ok, thank you Bool Zero for the help. It seems that I will buy it.

16. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
  17. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Pretty sure it will be for iPhone/iPod Touch as well.

18. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    This will definitely be a lot more complicated than Bang!

19. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
  20. Gilgilad

Gilgilad Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I am looking forward to this game. I own the physical board game, it is a lot of fun and a great introduction of worker placement board games to new gamers. It is like a lighter version of Caylus, with a D&D theme which is a major plus.