reduce / limit all signatures !

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by soup, Nov 24, 2009.

1. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    anyone agree with me that the signatures arround here are becoming ridiculous ?
    Its actually starting to be irratating reading threads as you have to wade through the garbage signatures everywhere, some of which now contain quotes - in exactly the same form as in the threads which makes it even more confusing.

Its reaching a stage that you read a thread which basically has 5 people involved and each says a short 5 word sentence, which then because of their signatures suddenly spreads beyond belief to about 3000 lines.

Its becoming more intrusive and annoying than advertising

Or maybe dont limit signatures but give me an option not to see them (that would be great i could view a 50 page thread in 3 :) )!

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

3. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    ha ! a great big sloppy kiss from me :D

thanks a lot Hodapp, had totally missed that and its exactly what i wanted !

.....dum...dum goes off happily :)

4. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Idk..I mean personally I think an extra line or two would be helpful, because changing the fonts/bolding/etc takes up very limited room, and as for the quotes, I noticed you can have a lot more stuff in your sig if you have a couple quotes, and you can still have a few more lines, whereas my current one I couldn't add a font to the last line >.>

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    If your sig wasn't four lines thick I'd be inclined to agree. It is slightly limiting on stuff like bold and italics but when I encountered the problem it was for a 2 line signature.

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    It looks cleaner centered/with each line having something different. If I had them all next to each other it'd be harder to read and it would look weird. Plus, even though you refer to it as 4 lines thick, it takes up no more room than the average sized post.