iPhone Spectromancer (granddaddy of Kard Combat)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mrbass, Jul 11, 2012.

1. #1 mrbass, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
    Spectromancer card game announced in April 2012 they were developing an iOS version. The iphone beta was released beginning of May 2012 and ipad beta released June 2012. Estimated date to release on iOS is July 2012 so I'm guessing late July or early August.
    http://spectromancer.com/forum.cgi#pageid=2718
    thread for those wishing to join beta for iOS probably too late now though
    http://spectromancer.com/forum.cgi#pageid=2569

I loved Kard Combat thread but graphics kinda blew though and the hardcore fans wanted a tad bit better balance and always complained why not just stick to the original Spectromancer.

Here is a listing of all cards in the Spectromancer game
    Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Death, Holy, Mechanical, Illusion, Control, Chaos, Demonic, Sorcery, Beast, Beast Abilities, Goblins, Forest, Time, and Other Cards
    http://spectromancer.com/cardlist_en.htm

I think Nightfall is way too hard, Magic it is what it is, Summoner Wars still trying to learn, Food Fight got old quickly. Looking forward to Spectromancer think it'll be my favorite card game on iOS.

Here is a screenshot of PC version I'd imagine they'll spruce of the looks for the iOS version.
    http://www.spectromancer.com/img/screens/combat.jpg

About Spectromancer (pasted from About page) spectromancer.com

2. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    This looks and sounds very promising. There is always room for another quality card game or board game on my iPad.

3. Thanks to tip for BGG iOS news this was released July 7th, 2012 as Spectromancer HD for iPad for $3.99 only in Russian app store though.

I grabbed some screenshots. Sorry the quality blows.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Mystical knave

Mystical knave Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Do you know what the original looks like? I had the PC version and the cards were horribly low resolution and fuzzy.

5. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Wow, I really hope that it's released worldwide. I loved Kard kombat and it would be great to finally have access to all the cards.

6. #6 mrbass, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    Well it looks really clear to me. I used the free AppZap HD app on ipad and in settings changed country appstore to Russia then searched for 'spectromancer' and you can see the screenshots but not blown up which I guess I shouldn't have done. I tried to do in Appshopper but it didn't work.

Yea my only pet peeve with Kard Combat was wish you could drag cards to play to make it quicker and I really really prefer landscape mode for ipad games.

7. Mystical knave

Mystical knave Active Member

May 29, 2012
    I looked again at the PC version. It is not as bad as I remembered it, but no widescreen and max resolution 1024 x 768. It looks ok in windowed mode but full screen is a bit blurry, particularly on my 46 inch monitor - it would probably look fine on an iPad ... Hopefully they being out a retina version for iPad 3.

8. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    This still coming out?

9. Is being submitted today to U.S. appstore. So what's the wait time nowadays 7 to 13 days....so yeah sometime this month should see it. Can't wait.

10. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Great news, can't wait to have my hands on it.

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #11 Talbs, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    Can't believe how little attention this is getting. Can't wait for this and it should be any day now. Looks like it was submitted early last week so should be out soon.

One thing though, this is in the iPad upcoming section, yet the original post says there was an iPhone beta. Will there be an iPhone version? Really hopeso. Screen retail will be difficult. I guess we'll find out soon maybe.

Edit: just read the forum in one of the links above and yes it does say they were testing iPhone beta too! Wooh! I'll grab both.

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    **crickets**

Lol. Maybe we'll just wait for this to hit the app store then.

13. penguinspl

penguinspl Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
  14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    When the flip is this coming out. Has to be one of the most poorly advertised yet solid game out (or not out). About two weeks getting the apple treatment currently.

15. Kildar

Kildar Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    When this comes out, does that mean Kard Combat will probably no longer be updated? Both are practically the same game with the major differences being artwork and card names.

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Don't know te answer to that. But at least with this spectromancer coming out we have a chance that it will release with a full set of decks anyway.

So...if this was sent to the AppStore on August 7, what the freak is going on.

17. JazzFish

JazzFish Active Member

The developer just said on their site that they ran into some snags at Apple, so it'll either be out tomorrow, or rejected. :(

You say that as though Kard Combat were still being updated. Last update was last November and their website and forums are moribund.

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Thanks jazz.
    I think Kildar is just refferring to the fact that kard combat, in reference to spectromancer, is missing some decks. Can't remember but it also may have a couple of broken cards.

19. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Deservedly so. Hothead's notion of supporting product is to ensure loyal customers who paid $10 for KC are forever greeted with an advertisement for another game on the first screen they see. Not only that, but you have to push a button before continuing. What a farce.

20. fastspinecho

fastspinecho Active Member

Mar 2, 2012
    #20 fastspinecho, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    It's out now, finally. And there's a separate version for iPhone.