Is my game a good idea?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by emotionrays, Jul 28, 2011.

1. emotionrays

emotionrays Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Cherkasy, Ukraine
    Just a "sneak-peak" of what I currently have under development. The question is, is it good enough to sell well? What do you think about it?

2. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

This is kind of like Cut the rope with a twist, but i would buy this, love the graphics so far, and the puzzles will make you think outside the box, yeah, i think you might have something here
    PS: i Think i know how to solve the last one:)

3. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Very well done. May I ask what you used to make this? Cocos2D?

I think you should sell it, nothing to lose anyway :) Probably would get quite a number of sales!

4. emotionrays

Jun 15, 2011
    Cherkasy, Ukraine
    Actually it is different from "Cut the Rope". CTR is a dynamic action, and it's a static puzzle where you draw ropes and then see what's happened. It's a different kind of game.

5. RyanGibbard

RyanGibbard Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Student
    Cheltenham, England
    I would totally buy this. Definately keep going!

6. emotionrays

Jun 15, 2011
    Cherkasy, Ukraine
    No, it's Sparrow Framework (got used to it when I made Caribbean Treasures) and Box2d + some tricks to make ropes looks nice.

7. Dizko

Dizko Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Designer
    Philadelphia
    I would buy it!

8. Alex Graal

Alex Graal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    N/A
    U.S.A.
    I would definitly buy this. Looks great!

9. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Yeah nice game, and already polish, great!

10. Is it a good idea? no, it's a great idea.

11. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    I came in expecting to say no, then I watched your video. It's charming and adorable!

The only thing I noticed is that the level elements like walls and pulleys and baloons didn't really stand out as much as they could have. Highlighting them, making them glow a bit, or some particle effects, or something might help. But that's more final polish stuff anyway.

Overall love the style, love the little touches and bounciness of the UI, and the feel of the game!

You could have the next Cut The Rope on your hands!

12. ImStrapped

ImStrapped Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Definitely a great idea! Very main stream, I think it's got great potential...just don't make it too difficult hehe.

13. Attollos Technologies

Attollos Technologies Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    iPhone Development Company
    I love physics based games like this :D they seem to be really popular, keep up the good work and it could really take off :)

You have got some big boys competition though :eek:

14. f1point7

f1point7 Member

Jul 29, 2011
    hmmm i like what i saw but sorry i couldn't help thinking of Cut The Rope.
    other than that, good job. has mainstream appeal..

15. milkmangames

milkmangames Well-Known Member

16. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I think there's a lot of potential here.

- First thing I'd do is make the characters cuter, a la nom nom. It's a big selling point for something like this and would help attract casual users who might be deterred by the apparent complexity of the puzzles.

- The puzzles do appear a little unforgiving in this sneak peak. Maybe try to make it very easy at first. Or add bigger margin for error for more varied options to complete the levels.

'Is it good enough to sell well' - It might, it has the potential to be attractive to fans of physics puzzlers. It's obviously not as casual as CTR but I think you could be reasonably optimistic with this innovative concept.

You need to balance having a title that has enough intrigue to attract the gamers and enough ease of entry to get the soccer moms and teens.

17. emotionrays

Jun 15, 2011
    Cherkasy, Ukraine
    Thanks! At least now I know that this idea might be worth something.

I'll post more videos soon ;)

18. emotionrays

Jun 15, 2011
    Cherkasy, Ukraine
    Well, here's what come out from the idea:

It looks like Cut The Rope (although the gameplay is very different) and the future of this game is uncertain..

19. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    I wish you good luck with this game :) I really like it judging from the videos, it has potential :)

20. Pixelized

Pixelized Active Member

May 26, 2011
    Well done! I has amazing potential, nice concept. If your looking for criticism I have a little though it's mostly opinionated.

Cut the rope played out as you cut the ropes, taped a air bag, etc. It happened right then and there. In this, you have to press a play button (I assume) to watch it play out. To engage the player more, I'd add in on/off switches for fans and stuff like that so that when it's actually playing out, the player actually interacts with it, and it's not just about connecting the ropes right.

There is only 1 thing I dislike (100% my opinion). The way the scoreboard/results drops in, it bounces around to much and you have to wait for it to settle down to read it, I'd have it slide in and have a hole in it, if you got 1 star bronze liquid will be coming out, 2 stars silver liquid will be coming out, etc. This is just my opinion.

Aside from that, you have a magnificent game that I'm already hyped about. Please pursue it! I'd buy it.