NFS or Real Racing?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by niz554, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niz554

niz554 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    #1 niz554, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2009
  2. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    I think I'm leaning a little to Real Racing due to the multiple delays of NFS. I can't say anything about NFS until it actually comes out

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I'm also leaning towards Real Racing. I've been really impressed with everything I've seen on it. NFS on the other hand has been nothing but delays.

But, who knows, the NFS delays could be tweaking and refining everything to get it to 110%... So it's entirely possible that when it's finally released it blows us all away.

4. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Real Racing.
    I just wish Firemint would give us some info on price or when/if its been submitted.
    I'm really looking forward to it! :)

5. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Well I knew one of these threads was inevitable, but didn't expect it until the games were actually released:)

Thus, I await them both eagerly, and will have to see which has that extra polish...

6. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Real Racing by a long shot..... altough i will undoubtably end up getting both because i am a total app whore.

Real Racing will be better though.

Look at EA's track record.
    Their entire business model seems to be about a quick buck. The app will have many bugs, problems etc etc and most of the money will have gone on advertising it.

Firemint on the other hand... well they are still trying to make a name for themselves on the iphone... YES they have flight control.... but its still very much in their interest to make sure that this game is the best god dammed racing game you have ever played on a mobile device.

Also.... Fast and Furious uses the same engine does it not?
    I honestly thought racing games and accelerometer controls didn't work until i played this game. (minus the horrible drift missions)

7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Need for Speed would need a miracle to beat Real Racing in any catagory except possibly being more arcadey than sim. Real Racing has the graphics, visual detail, sound, cars, more tracks, multiplayer, Youtube through Cloudcell, etc.

Plus there's one thing that everyone forgets: as awesome the initial release will be, Real Racing will have updates; Need for Speed is guaranteed to have none.

8. Xgamer1224

Xgamer1224 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    yea real racing looks good but it really depends on the features of NFS. lets see is they got something better than youtube replays. i doubt it.

9. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    can we not wait until the games are actually out before discussing which is best !

and no matter which one you think will be be better - its pure speculative rubbish

10. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    Being a huge fan of the racing genre and having not really enjoyed any of the Need for Speed games in recent years, I'm going to say Real Racing should proved to be the better of the two. EA will very likely throw a lot of graphical finesse at NFS, but I think Firemint's game will offer longevity and a better driving model.

We shall see :)

11. Paradox

Paradox Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    NFS FTW!!! Woot!

12. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    I'll be waiting for Real Racing myself, for one I hate EA for many reasons and one for the iphone would be the fact they never update their games besides performance issues that should've been addressed before release. Also with 3.0 you can bet EA will nickel and dime the crap outta this game with DLC as they do on PS3/360.

I used to love the NFS series but like most EA franchises its going downhill fast, the last few were crappy. Haven't enjoyed one since Underground.

Besides all that RR just looks and seems like it'll play better and be a good deep game.

All that said if NFS hits first it will hurt RR sales but I myself will wait for RR unless I hear tons of awesome things about NFS then I might get it but I'd still prob get RR later too.

13. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I don't mean to sound angry or anything, but why? EA seems to be reluctant to listen to any feedback from the app gamers, and alot of times the games are full of bugs. Real Racing seems like it'll be great, and if it isn't as great as I think it'll be, Firemint will probably be here to take some advice on what to change.

Not saying that NFS won't be any good, but still. Hero of Sparta and Brothers in Arms wasn't exactly money well spent.

14. MaNNioN

MaNNioN Active Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Student
    West Yorkshire
    Hero of Sparta and BIA were both made by Gameloft, so I don't see what they have to do with EA.

15. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    will wait to see which one's got better controls and get that one.period

16. SkippyThorson

SkippyThorson Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Perhaps he's just referring to the hype surrounding all of them. That's all I can think.

I for one am waiting for NFS - I've had my fill of simulators, and in my experience they aren't sims at all. The closer it gets to real, the more dull it gets, at least for me.

I'm looking forward to an arcade game - NFS - because I want to play a game. If I want realism, I'll hop in my own car. ;) That's not to say I'll go racing, cause racing is illegal, and illegal is bad, m'kay?

17. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Ehhh, EA doesn't have to even try to make a game like this. Yeah they took a long time but how long did they actually work to make this?

Firemint on the other hand as worked really hard to create the best possible racing experience for our devices. They've been active on forums, twitter, and interviews. EA is maybe active on their own forum but that's pretty much it. Never heard of any interviews with them or anything of that matter.

I just believe that Firemint is the one who is working their best for the happiness of people. EA is just working to get money and that's their ownly motive in releasing this game. Although both games will probably be top-notch, I think Real Racing will be better because there's just more... heart put into that game if you know what I'm saying.

18. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    EXACTLY! NFS hasn't been original since Most Wanted, with the possible exception of ProStreet which I actually loved.

19. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I wi t be getting one till both games are out.
    Knowing me....I'll say screw that and get both...

20. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I also hate EA now and I probably won't get NFS purely for that reason. I think it is because they have spent so many years on console games that they can't update like iPhone apps. Once they have made a game, it is made. There is nothing they can do to improve it anymore (unless of course it is an iPhone game, which they don't seem to recognise). That is part of the beauty of iPhone apps - the ability to improve and add new features! I mean, what other device allows you to purchase a game, play it, update it, all wirelessly through the air? I know wireless technology has been around quite some time (well at least in my lifetime) but the technology Apple uses is pretty damn amazing. Back on topic, Real Racing looks excellent. I will definately pick that one up.