iPhone The War of Eustrath HD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 4, 2010.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed -- though it might be tough to make the interface work on a smaller screen.

As I mentioned, I did post a comment on the dev's forum asking for a video. I'll try to do one myself in the next few days if I don't hear back.

At 50 missions and multiple endings, this has a phenomenal amount of content.

2. majormauser

majormauser Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Video Please looks cool but I won't buy anything without seeing it on YouTube first

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I understand that. In fact, I rarely buy games without seeing a video first, unless they're very cheap. I made an exception in this case, though, and I'm really glad I did :).

4. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Well I may grab this after reading some impressions.

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    You are a pretty good judge IMO. I loved Fire Emblem on the DS, so I'll be getting today. Some of the other games mentioned, I have never heard of. I tend to get the mainstream RPGs, but many of the ones that are primarily in Japanese, or only have a small north american release, I never hear of, or there are no reviews.

I got too much stuff to be playing though... Ah well... I'll have tons of games to play when I finally retire....

6. Chod

Chod Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Let me know how you fair with the game. I am on the fence. One more positive review will probably push me over.

7. Scar006

Scar006 Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Recommended

Bought the game and played now for a few hours and i can fully recommend it.
    Graphics arent too impressiv on the battlescreen but the fighting system is really deep and the leveling mechanics of your units is great.

But right now i'm stuck at level7 as i get one shot killed by the boss...
    Anyone any advice?

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    The blue wing is the only one who has a chance to beat him (or at least damage him enough that he runs away), but you can use the rest of your Gears to weaken him. As long as one survives, the others will be automatically restored at the end of the stage, so feel free to make some sacrifices.

9. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Ah yes, I remember that ;)

Also, a game like Fire Emblem and Super Robot Taisen on the iPad? Awesome!

...wait, it's not on the iPhone?

...seriously, rage.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I sent a message to the devs about doing an iPhone version -- hopefully they will respond soon.

I'm sure that much of this game will be familiar to you (and also that you can list better examples on other platforms). As an iPad game, there's really nothing quite like it.

11. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Thanks for the message :)

Also, the more positive things I hear about this game, the harder I rage.

12. QuantamPulse

QuantamPulse Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Picked up the game last night and played through the first 3 missions. Great game that really feels like a fully fleshed out project. More so than any other game I have played on an iDevice. The graphics are a tad on the weak side but still very professional and sleek.

Would highly recommend this to anyone who likes SRPGs.

I could not see playing this game on my iPod Touch though. This game definitely makes use of the larger screen on the iPad and I could see it being a bit difficult to keep track of everything on the smaller screen.

13. darrinsden

darrinsden Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Am so glad that I took a chance on this, it is great! gone through 11 mission so far, and it is really addicting.

some annoying translation errors, but pretty minimal. "OWW a bird flied into my windshield" :)

14. Bjoern

Bjoern New Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Hi,

nice Forum. Found you over google for searching this title. :)

A really nice Forum. :)

can someone help me on this Game?

How to Heal the other Gears and not only myself?

Regards
    Bjoern

15. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Hey, good news for iPhone owners!

Looks like I will be able to play this after all.

16. Thaurin

Thaurin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Bought an iPad last Friday and was amazed by the amount of fun gaming on it was. I immediate re-bought Battle for Wesnoth and Sam & Max (already owned on iPhone and PS3, respectively).

Now, this is something that I will most likely buy immediately when I get home. I loved Fire Emblem (GBA), so if this is a similar experience I'll simply get it!

But surely it's by far not the only "full package" in the AppStore, anymore?

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    #37 squarezero, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
    Agreed. I think we're speaking more of this kind of tactical JRPG, which is represented in the App Store by titles like Rebirth of Fortune -- not bad, but lacking in story, characters, etc.

I think fans of this genre will probably find the story here to be pretty soapy (the women are all in love with the Blue Wing), but it does give some dimensionality to the characters and made us care about their struggle. There's also a palpable sense of loss, which for me helps to add depth to the experience. The really good thing is that, 9 missions in, the combat just gets more and more fun. I wouldn't call it exactly challenging (except for the one boss fight so far), but leveling up your Gears, positioning them on the map and clashing with the enemy is a blast, especially when you get some "guest" units. You are heroes, and the game treats you as such: normal units really can't challenge you, but it's fun taking them out. A single mission can take a good 40 minutes, but for me at least it never gets boring (and you can quit at any time and go back to the exact spot you left off).

The translation is just okay, by the way. The dialog is decent enough, as I mentioned earlier, the intro text is pretty bad. I'm hoping that they revisit it before they release the iPhone version (they'll really have to work hard on the interface to make it work; right now it's a joy to use).

On healing other Gears, you get the ability to so around Mission 9 or so.

18. iQubi_Jay

iQubi_Jay New Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Marketer. Game Planner
    East Asia
    Thank you everyone.

We really appreciate all your interests and kind words on our game, 'The War of Eustrath'

Every single one of your comment is very meaningful to us. And we are trying to do what we can with the limited resources we have.

iPhone users, give us a little more time. We are working hard to make gameplay smooth. =) And yes, we know English is not our best treat, but we're studying hard. =)

Our web site is just beginning, but we'll try to make it easier to use and post more information as soon as we have something to tell you. So please visit our site time to time.

Being a small team, we may not be able to check PMs all the time. If you ever want to contact us, our site will be the best and fastest way.

Please be patient and keep on watching us. We will do our best not to disappoint you.

Thank you very much.

iqubi inc.

19. iQubi_Jay

iQubi_Jay New Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Marketer. Game Planner
    East Asia
    And this is a little more personal note to [squarezero]

Each one of our players and those who show interests are very valuable to us.

But...

I just have to thank squarezero personally. I (and my friends =)) are very very grateful for your kind words and enthusiastic support. Your support really encouraged these newbies in App development. Please keep watching us.

Thank you very much.

Jay
    iqubi inc.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    No problem :). The game deserves it. Thanks for taking a chance and bringing something new to the iOS platform.