Annoyed Tomatoes - Scheduled For Halloween Launch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Photics, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Photics

Photics Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Annoyed Tomatoes, a tap shooter from Photics, is set to launch on Halloween. It's current waiting for review. Meanwhile... here are some screenshots...

IMG_0031.PNG

IMG_0032.PNG

IMG_0034.PNG

IMG_0041.PNG

IMG_0042.PNG

The music is great. I like the sound effects too. It has positional sound, retina display, animation and the game can be challenging too. Level 5 is tough. I'm most proud of the Mission Brief. It's very professional looking... a little creepy too. I usually make cutesy games... but this game is a little dark and a little violent. It's a fun game though. I could feel my heart pumping while developing it. The music really sets the mood, so I recommend playing it with headphones.

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I'm glad they aren't angry! ;P

3. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    It's a nice breeze of new. :p

4. Photics

Jun 1, 2010
    I originally started this project as an Angry Birds parody. The popularity of the game didn't make sense to me. Actually, it seemed a bit insane. If I was a bird, why would I want to launch myself to my destruction? Wouldn't that make the game more like Suicidal Birds? Although, starting your game with "A" apparently gives a slight edge on the iTunes App Store.

I imagined a tomato, launching itself off the vine, landing onto a target across the screen. The other tomatoes look in horror, now that their buddy has been reduced to tomato sauce. The remaining tomatoes scream. Then, one of the tomatoes says, "That's such a stupid way to attack our enemies. We need a new plan." ...and then the game could start.

But while designing Annoyed Tomatoes, it just turned into a shooter. If I return to the original parody idea, I have some possible names for a sequel...

• Agitated Tomatoes
    • Aggravated Tomatoes

...ha ha! :)

The game just turned darker than I expected. It changed the theme. I normally don't make games this creepy or violent, but it seemed to work really well.

5. Photics

Jun 1, 2010
    Annoyed Tomatoes is in review! :cool:

I'm excited! Will Apple approve it?! Will the game be available before Halloween? I should know later today! :)

6. Photics

Jun 1, 2010
    Annoyed Tomatoes was approved by Apple. I changed the release day to October 30, 2010.

Since today is October 29, I wasn't able to see the Annoyed Tomatoes iTunes listing. But with a promo code, I was able to download the app to my phone. I think it looks great with a Retina Display and the audio sounds great.