ios5 cloud saving (games)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Amenbrother, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    When do you guys think the devs are going to start supporting this, I really want to pick up where I left off on other devices. :cool:

2. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    We're adding it to the sequel of Great Little War Game.

We may also patch the current game at some point soon, but tbh updating the savegame thing is always scary and we'll probably leave it until the next map pack expansion to give it a big test.

3. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I think most games, especially majr games, will be supporting it by the end of the year.

There are already plenty of new games supporting the cloud. I actually already own 4 new games that support it. So, expect most new games to have it included.

4. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Sweet

That would be awesome!

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Ok

I hope your right, i would really really love the game saves between devices. I swear i dont play some games just because i dont have a current save on the device i have on me you know? What games do you have that have this feature?

6. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #6 GoofyJmaster., Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
    Haha! Yeah, I totally get what your'e saying! I usually won't even attempt to restart a game if something happens to my save.

Games I Have That Use iCloud
    Starbase Orion (4x turn based strategy game)
    Please Stay Calm (Location based zombie MMO)
    Siegecraft (Casual catapult game)
    Pocket God (I think you know what this is!!!)
    Galaxy on Fire 2 (Free roam space opera/saga)

I'll try and find some more games that use iCloud and then post them. Also if you have a twitter follow me because I'm going to start tweeting about new and upcoming games that take full advantage of iOS 5. Also because it's easier for me to make quick posts there.

My twitter name is at the bottom :D

7. Luke Kellett

Luke Kellett Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Indie iPhone Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm adding support this for game save data among other niceties for an update to my latest game Superflick :)

I'll probably add support for all of my games over time, def new ones too. I think a lot of other devs will be following suit!

8. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely check out superflick!

9. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    We supported "cloud" saving for our app already, we just used Gamecenter Achievements to save the progress.

But we were not aware that achievements cant be deleted. So it will be cloud saving for the next apps and updates incl. option to continue or rather play from start.

10. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Thanks guys! Devs keep posting. I'll post you on my twitter, albeit I don't have the largest following

11. Luke Kellett

Luke Kellett Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Indie iPhone Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Cool, hope you like it dude!

The update I think you will like even more :)

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Great

Sweeeet I cant wait for games to start updating for this, it cant come soon enough honestly.... I mean whats the point of a universal game but you cant pick up where you left off on a different device lol The main reason I play order and chaos is because its saved on there servers so I can grab any device and play which is so amazing! :cool: