Moveless Chess - Need Beta Testers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Beavl, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Beavl

Beavl Well-Known Member

Hi, there! Beavl here from Argentina (we've made Faif, Kapsula and some more iOS games).

Well, we are wrapping up our new game. It's called Moveless Chess.

[​IMG]

Moveless Chess features an Action Point System based on relative chess piece value. You cannot move your pieces. But you can turn them into new ones! Every transformation costs Action Points, and every level has a limited amount of those. So be clever! And there's more. AI play by the rules, unaware of your powers. Use this for your advantage!

(BTW, making levels using tactics such us forks, discovered attacks, pins, deflections and more is such a nice exercise!)

We are aiming for a mid-October launch, and we've decided to make some beta testing for Android (here) and iOS. For iOS, we are using Testflight, so if you are interested in betatesting the game, just comment this thread with your Testflight email or PM us.

The beta version of Moveless Chess has 32 levels. Final release will have 64, more config options and some surprises! After releasing the final version, we'll be updating it with new levels every week or so. We'll go for a freemium model, with video rewards and interstitials. We'll also have a 0.99 IAP for removing timer (chess has timer, hasn't it?) and ads.

NOTE
    Moveless Chess was originally made for last ludum dare. Theme for this edition was "shapeshifting" and Moveless Chess finished 3rd in innovation! (out of more than 1.1K entries from all around the world).

NOTE 2
    We've made some tutorial gifs to understand game rules. You can check'em here!

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #2 vectorarchitekt, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Sign me up!! This looks great.
    Faif is one of my all time favorite iOS games. It will never leave my home screen #

Email is [email protected]. Sometimes the all won't let me send messages.

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I do love chess and I was very good at it I'd never lost a game but I haven't played chess in a good few years now. I'm not too keen on puzzle games but the chess element may make it more enjoyable for me.

4. Redzik

Redzik New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Poland
    I played chess at tournament when I was going to school, actually I play againts Fritz 13. Looks promising, similar to chess game like Bughouse then you can put piece at board etc.

5. Shinobiwan

Shinobiwan Member

Apr 19, 2009
  6. ecj

ecj Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Male
    Memphis, TN
    #6 ecj, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Would love to beta test the game.

7. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
  8. AmReY

AmReY Member

Jul 24, 2014
  9. thefferon

thefferon New Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Move less chess!

Looking forward to beta testing - please send an invitation to [email protected]!
    Thanks

10. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I like chess and puzzle games. I'll beta test if you need me to.

My TestFlight is

[email protected]

11. Touch_Dragon

Touch_Dragon Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I would really enjoy beta testing for this game. Chess is my favorite board game and this seems like really awesome twist on it :)

My TestFlight is: [email protected]

12. ksr

ksr Active Member

Apr 9, 2016
  13. Dedalus

Dedalus Member

Jun 17, 2016
  14. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
  15. soupuhman

soupuhman New Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Australia
  16. Beavl

Beavl Well-Known Member

iOS Beta is here!

Well, thanks to all the PMs and replies in this thread. We've added you all to the beta (if someone is missing, let us know!)

So... current Moveless Chess version has 34 levels and some adjustments to the freemium model (in the final version, player is going to be able to pay a one time inapp to remote timer and ads for good).

Let us know your thoughts about the game, levels, freemium model and so. Everything helps!

Cheers and thank you all again! Have fun trying to solve all the puzzles!

17. CrashingBore

CrashingBore Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Germany
    as an old chess fanatic i'm slways excited for a new spin. i'd love to testflight:
    [email protected]

18. mac_j

mac_j New Member

Sep 12, 2016
  19. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm also available to Beta Test your game. Just send me a PM -- I've been on these forums since the beginning.

20. Beavl

Beavl Well-Known Member

Hi, there!

We've uploaded a new beta version featuring:

- 40 levels (22 to go for initial release!)
    - Freemium model improvements

We are working on the intro of the game, polishing here and there and designing puzzles (our favourite thing).

Look, this is level 39, love how it feels ;)

[​IMG]

Cheers!