Beneath a steel sky remastered

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tomsn, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomsn

Tomsn Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    #1 Tomsn, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. unconnected

unconnected Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    It's a shame SCUMMVM doesn't work on the current iPhone OS 3 firmware else I'd be playing this now, guess I'll have to grab this when it comes out on the App Store as I loved the original and would be great to see the new updated artwork.

3. stnsn

stnsn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Instabuy... nuff said!

4. Oh hell yes.

Bring it on.

5. lafuria

lafuria Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    First Flight of the Amazon Queen, then Monkey Island, now BASS..gets better and better...

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    this looks cool

7. songkranw

songkranw Well-Known Member

Thing they should do.
    - New graphic, New voice
    - Lot of save slot.
    - Switch to classic function.(A MUST!)
    - In game hints.

Thing they shouldn't do.
    - Touch drag pointer.
    - No text skip.
    - Dead area that you cannot select around edge of the screen.

I would love to spend another $7 for a classic remake.
    Never get enough of those. :)

8. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Man this is great news. I've never played BASS, but have played a few other Revolution games and have liked them. Will be an instant purchase for me.

I just hope they follow it up with the directors cut of Broken Sword that was released on DS/Wii. I've played the original but haven't got this version yet, so i'll hold out for an iPhone version.

A remake of In Cold Blood would be nice too - great game, very under rated.

9. swigo8

swigo8 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Pocket God island (NYC)
    sounds crazy kool:Dlol

10. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Dude... the tough drag pointer actually works really well if you just get used to it.
    It's actually pretty intuitive... just takes some initial patience.

And your last point... dead area... That of course is NOT an issue if you use the touch drag pointer properly.

Don't drag the actual pointer. Drag anywhere else on screen to move the pointer into the 'dead' corner and then tap ON the pointer to action.

Simples.

11. lafuria

lafuria Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Personally I prefer the touch drag pointer, once you get used to it I feel it's much more accurate than mere touch. Personally I think both should be an option, but in both FOTAQ and (when I had a jailbroken iPod) SCUMM I use the drag pointer.

12. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

I like this upgrades of old classics. Monkey Island on the Iphone is phantastic. The improved gfx are like the gfx I remember when I played it 20 (or whatever) years ago.

Hope this one will be alos so good. I loved the original one.

Zombie

13. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    This game was recently (perhaps still is) a free download from GoG.com if you're an existing member. I played through it maybe 75% of the way but never finished and while cool there's no question that these classic adventure games are freakin' HARD so get ready to get stuck unless you nab a walkthrough.

14. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

The article on the TA front page, says that the remastered version will feature a context-sensitive help system:

I think that's to combat the difficult puzzles you mention.

15. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Ahh, didn't see that, very nice indeed.

16. jamessnee1

jamessnee1 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Hey guys, first post! Im a beta tester for this game, and having played through the game and being a fan of the original on PC, I have to say they did an amazing job with it! All the art assets in the original PC version have been preserved, all backgrounds and character sprites. Even the original voices have been preserved too, and bumped up in quality a bit. There are a few new things as well which are welcome, such as new controls, and the music has been re-done. The game also features a brand new ending! We are almost up to beta3 so cant wait to play through that one :D

17. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I hope there is an option to turn off the hints, not like in Monkey island where I have to be carefull to not shake the Ipod and get a hint that spoils the game

18. jamessnee1

jamessnee1 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    The hint system is in the menu, so theres no way you can accidently access a hint, and its not right in the menu either, you have to actually go into it to get a hint.

19. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Ah then is perfect, thanks. I´m waiting for this one. I just discovered this genre and I am loving it. The story, the difficult puzzles, the voices...

20. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    BASS is surely one of the best Point'n'Click-Adventures not coming from LucasArts. So I recommend it.
    I'll not buy it, as I played through it some years ago on my Mac. But it's definately worth buying for someone who loves this genre and who hasn't played it before.