Secret Game!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jawsh13, Feb 24, 2010.

?

What should we call our game?

Poll closed Mar 3, 2010.
  1. Slide, Penguin, Slide!

35.7%
  2. Waddle Slide!

25.0%
  3. The Amazing Penguin Race

7.1%
  4. Sober, the Racing Penguin

32.1%
  1. Jawsh13

Jawsh13 Member

Feb 24, 2010
    #1 Jawsh13, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
    Hey guys! I have a group of guys who are working on a great game that we think you will love! We don't want to give anything away yet, but one thing we will tell you is that it involves penguins!!!!!! The name of the main penguin is Sober, plus we have an unlockable character that is a drunk version of Sober. We have so many great ideas we would love to share, but we can't because some people may try and take our idea as their own. I will be posting more as we continue developing this fantastic game!!!!!!! If you are interested, leave a comment below and we may be able to get back to you.

NEW: One more thing we will tell you is that it will be a never ending game like doodle jump. However, there is probably not going to be jumping in our game.
    UPDATE 2: One last thing! Leave comments guessing on the basis of the game! If anyone guesses right, we will tell every detail, including the possible title of the game, and the controls and other cool stuff. Plus, the correct guesser could get a promo code for the game when it comes out! Email us at [email protected] for more info.
    UPDATE 3: So the poll is still going on... I asked a bunch of my friends and they all like waddle slide and sober, the racing penguin. Whatever the polls say, we will add on our friends votes and tell you the winner later. Next, we have looked at the comments and have chosen 2 or 3 possible winners. We may have to give the promo codes to all three! Also,if you want to beta test our game, we are willing to let around 10-15 people test the game before it is released. If you want to possibly become a beta tester, email us this week or pm us and we will consider you more than others. We are still in a very early part of development, we are working as fast as possible. This app will hopefully be finished before or a little bit after the ipad is released, so not much time to wait. When we have more info on beta testers, we will tell you how to become one. Stay tuned for more! If you email us for information on anything, we will try to get back to you ASAP!
    #4: Ughhh! Nobodys voting! I guess the winning title is Waddle Slide! Vote if you want your name to win!!!!

2. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Will it involve swimming? heh :p

3. Jawsh13

Jawsh13 Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Yeah it might! Leave some suggestions and they may be added!

4. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
  5. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    You play a penguin and slide on some ice surface, trying to evade some kind of enemies or obstacles?

Why do I think so?
    The name Slide, Penguin Slide! reminds me of an old Warcraft 3 map genre... where you have to slide/move along a path and pass enemies without being touched :p

6. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I think that Penguin Slider would be the best name.

7. Jawsh13

Jawsh13 Member

Feb 24, 2010
    You are pretty close :p... Not quite...

8. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

I'm guessing your a penguin

9. Jawsh13

Jawsh13 Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Noooo... Really???? LOL actually guess!

10. Jawsh13

Jawsh13 Member

Feb 24, 2010
    If you want, suggest a name you would want! We will listen to all suggestions!

11. socom39

socom39 Well-Known Member

I will have to guess that Sober is going to be sliding down a hill trying to avoid certain objects and obtaining special power ups.

12. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I'm think Sober will be easier to control and the drunk version of Sober is going to be harder to control adding two difficulties. To keep it original I'm going to guess you slide on breaking ice avoiding breaks, ice holes, and enemies while collecting power-ups.

13. Jawsh13

Jawsh13 Member

Feb 24, 2010
    I'm not gonna tell the results until the end of the poll. Keep on guessing! If a bunch of people guess the right basics we decided we will give everyone who guessed right a promo code!!! You guys are getting closer!

14. Aspargusman

Aspargusman Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    guesses:
    1-sober tries to go across a line of ice blocks, avoiding to fall into the freezing water.
    2-sober tries to go as far as he can without hitting obstacles, and the unlocked drunk sober will be harder to control or have inverted controls (which give for faster score accumulation)
    3- the same as 2 but sober races against opponents

15. Jawsh13

Jawsh13 Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Great ideas! Some could be right...

16. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Sober slides, collecting power ups and avoiding obstacles. When he hits a booze related item, he becomes hard to control, and the effect takes a while to wear off.

17. Jawsh13

Jawsh13 Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Sorry, not really what we were thinking! :-o

18. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    So where is this?