Games similar to space ranger 2

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by heretahereta2, Mar 7, 2012.

1. heretahereta2

heretahereta2 New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Hello,

Has anyone here played the computer game Space Rangers 2? It is an ...adventure/simulation game where you are a space pilot who can fight robots and pirates, be a pirate, upgrade your ship, and trade commodities while traveling from one solar system to the next. I was wondering if there are any games on the app store for iPod toich that match this description. Thanks in advance!

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #2 psj3809, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    Hmmm is this a clever spam/marketing ploy ? ! ;)

If its not then try Galaxy on Fire 2, nice combat/trading type of game.

Dangerous ( http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=117572 ) is an epic 'Elite' style game, very complex, bit like that online game Eve.

Cant find the thread right now but theres an impressive 'Elite' style game coming out later this year which looks great.

3. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Considering SP2 is PC only I'm doubting this is some ploy. Warpgate is similiar (more basic) than SP2 but has some fun. GoF2 is fun but more action oriented and less "sim". Dangerous is fun but highly unpolished, right now nothing really scratches that SP2 itch for myself!

4. heretahereta2

heretahereta2 New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Sorry if I seem nebulous here; this is not a ploy. I'm just an iPod touch owner who recently got the 4th gen. touch, and is looking to put some fun, engrossing games on it. Space ranger 2 is one of my favorite pc games because it lets you do whatever you want. In an app store overloaded with platformers, shmups, and free to play games, I'm looking for some good, solid adventure in space.

5. barret011

barret011 New Member

Mar 8, 2012
    thank you[​IMG]