Japanese Learning Apps?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Xotaku8106X, May 27, 2014.

1. Xotaku8106X

Xotaku8106X Member

May 22, 2013
    Looking for a good app to help me get started learning japanese! Thanks to anyone who has suggestions :3

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    #2 cloudpuff, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
    I just saw a one that dropped to free today, I'll go find link.

Here you go. It's usually 99p I think.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

3. Xotaku8106X

Xotaku8106X Member

May 22, 2013
    Ooh thank u! How did u find it or hear about the switch to free?

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I use an app called appsfire which shows deals and price drops, you can make a wish list and get alerts when stiff goes on sale. It's a free app but I think it's been removed from the App Store,there's others that do the same job though, a lot of people love app shopper, there's also applesliced.

5. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Thats wierd cos Im making a learn japanese app right now(my first app; im no pro developer).
    Windows though, because I cant afford a mac!

Can you read katakana/hiragana?

6. Xotaku8106X

Xotaku8106X Member

May 22, 2013
    Not yet no. I'm using the human japanese lite app to get started on that sise of it :)

7. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I have played with the MindSnacks Spanish and Chinese apps, and really enjoyed them. It's free to try out, then $5 for the whole thing. Especially good for beginners.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

8. nenastya

nenastya Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Female
    Russia
    I use Japanese Master Bundle (icludes Kanji Sensei, Kana Converter, Japanese Dictionary). It's good if you study with a book and it's an optional help in learning. The best app for learning Japanese is Human Japanese, it contains two levels and also offers a bundle. By the way, if you get further in learning you can download Midori, this is a good dictionary with many features, however it's not suitable for beginners because it doesn't have romaji reading.

9. Adamm1

Adamm1 Member

Oct 26, 2014
    I should give MindSnacks a try. I keep procrastinating learning Japanese. I'm going to get old and still only know how to say "hello", while forgetting everything else I learnt over the years :(