iPhone Palm Heroes 2

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 4, 2011.

1. natsvlika

natsvlika New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    HELP ! Where the purple keymaster's tent is in the map "on the verge of death? I'cant find it (((

2. Tort

Tort New Member

Jan 6, 2013
    #282 Tort, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    Hoping this will help :)

[​IMG]

3. iosoftware

iosoftware Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    yeah I've noticed that the IAP pricing was incorrect after our last discount. Fixed that.

@Tort: WOW. I'm gonna copy-paste your screenshot to all emails about that tent!

4. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    We're working on PK3 right now. It will be nothing like the first two versions. It will be THE heroes game you've always wanted.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yeah! Looking forward to more news about PH3!

6. Uberskooper

Uberskooper Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Very cool. I'm looking forward to more info.

7. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Awesome... Still on the 1st map for this one... I just don't have enough time..
    But at least, I got everything... Cant' wait to see the next one...
    Any preview screens by any chance ?

8. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Only thing I want in a new version is better AI.

9. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    I want a checkmark or something, that shows that you completed a map/ in progress checkmark.
    Got all the maps... no fricking clue which one I was at.. lol (didn't play for months this one)

10. Mspkrfan

Mspkrfan New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    When is PK3 coming??

11. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Random map generator!!!

Please.

12. dhgamer

dhgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    New York
    Can't wait! Love strategy games on the iPad.

13. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    #293 iosoftware, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    Basically, what we changed is... everything and nothing.

RMG is not yet possible (map generator) - but at least now it's technically doable (it was just plain impossible with the old game engine).

The game now boasts amazing 60FPS (was 18-23 before), thanks to a modern native engine, game code written from scratch

Can't promise a much smarter AI - but we'll give him some acceptable cheats for the hardest difficulty - I think that's what you want in the end. Like knowing what army the enemies have. Such kind of compromises will make it play much more responsible, while keeping the game out of plain cheating (unlike it was in all heroes games when AI got 2X populations etc).

The game will go as a separate product - sorry for that, it's not our decision really. But the good side of it - it's a universal app now, finally. PK2 wastwo separate apps because otherwise it'd eat up all RAM on some devices due to an archaic game engine. Say bye-bye to old problems in PK3 though.

We'll certainly fix crashes (90% of those were out of memory warnings and iOS force quitting the app :mad:)

The release date is... soon. Very soon. :eek:

I'm in the middle of interface building. All from scratch. All native and pixel-perfect now. It will be so good that any die-hard RPG or strategy fan will want to play it just by looking at the screenshots. In a nutshell, we've gathered feedback, and did the homework.

Unfortunately, we'll have to leave out iOS 3.1.3, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iTouch1G, iTouch2G users :(, as even the new Xcode no longer supports their processors. The rest of the devices will be fully supported in native resolution.

I can really talk about the technical side of it now really. NDA and stuff. :cool: But you will love how it plays and looks.

One thing for sure - you won't want to go back to PK1 and PK2 anymore.

[To moderators]: can anyone update the thread title to "Palm Kingdoms" ?

p.s. Yeah, by the way. Now it's your final chance to ask/offer anything about the gameplay and interface. In a couple of weeks I won't be able to do much correction to the new GUI.

14. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    The heroes game I've always wanted is Heroes of Might and Magic III, no more no less, that game still is the perfect incarnation of this type of game and I still play it today. I would kill for an identical game for iPad.

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looking forward to more specifics about PH3.
    Yeah!
    Yeah!
    You might be better off creating a new thread in the upcoming games section to draw fresh attention to the new project and not get it cluttered up with PH2 stuff here.
    Release date is "very soon," but at least a six weeks away I assume from this comment.

16. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    Yep. At least six week away. But definitely not six months.

As I'm sweeping the dust from the official Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/PalmKingdoms), you can know the waiting won't be long.

17. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    I'm gonna make huge screenshots of all PK2 maps and put them on the FB page. Good idea? For those who got stuck / curious for hints/easter eggs, or as a general idea before buying IAPs.

18. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    #299 incineratee, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    Exactly this. I wish i could have install Heroes of Might and Magic III to my ipad somehow. I think PK1 and PK2 as Heroes of Might and Magic I and II so hopefully it will evolve enough to be Heroes of Might and Magic III

19. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    Any chance we can see some screenshots / art of the new game? Sounds like a must buy for me :)