iPad Fantasy Adventure (by USERJOY)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 3, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I thought that as well but nope. Graphics are a ds game like sudukien and final fantasy 3 so not to bad.

2. Flrjcksn

Flrjcksn Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Made it through the first 5 stages, and besides the sound needing work, this game is next best thing to battleheart.

Have not encountered any IAP walls, and they reward you with a lot of coin based on your performance.

3. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I'm thinking either the developer forgot to price it or its free for a bit.

4. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    There is iap I noticed on the App Store just coins though but you don't need them at all unless later in game there's crazy prices we will see.

5. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    #25 Mattosai, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    Great game ! Very very well done (i love those this graphic style and story besides being generic, seems ok.)
    Battleheart is my fav game and this is the closest.

I finished world 2 without problems, no IAP barrier atm, bosses are fun , it's even a bit easy

The only thing missing to be perfect is iphone 5 screen size.

Very good surprise here for a free title (well unless there's an iap bait coming ... i hope not... but i'm really surprised for now... i lost hope a long time ago with all those "free" games polluting the appstore with iap being a necessity... of course i'll edit my review/rating if i encounter the malefic IAP boss)

6. Oliver Splash

Oliver Splash Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    IMHO i think this game looks Amazing!
    not sure why it''s being compared to Battleheart as this seem more engaging not to say graphics are much better, & like stated before it seems to be a DS quality game... anyways it's just how i think of it, Def. game of the week for me! :rolleyes:

7. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    It has the battle style of battleheart and sefirah.

8. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Yup same style of commands / gameplay , battleheart was the first with this type of commands , it's why games like this one or sefirah are compared to BH .

Of course sefirah like this one have their graphic identity, story etc... (big boobs korean style for sefirah :D , and cuteness here ;b )

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I have tried and tried and tried to play this... But the sound is just ruining the whole experience for me...

I would even much rather pay for a version that's EXACTLY the same as this one, just with higher quality sound. It's a shame that I'm gonna have to either play with the sound off, taking away from the feel and atmosphere of the game, or just go ahead and delete it...

I know this won't be the case for others, but being a musician, game music is a huge deal for me, and having a decent quality for the music is a huge thing as well...

Shame... =o/

10. Deathinsin

Deathinsin New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    GameStop employee
    Miami
    Terrible deleted it within the first minute juss bassed of the terrible sound quality n lag needs an update

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    #31 Amenbrother, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    Wow

So far this is a pretty good game, u can upgrade your equipment and weapons and skills too. Decent graphics and controls, I have a party of 4 now! Overall I am enjoying myself but the only con is no iphone5 support.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow... this game is surprisingly good. The graphic style reminded me of Rose Online which is a good thing. And I like how there is a story that makes me want to push onward and see how it goes.

Im a little too early in the game (4th stage so far) and I already want to drop $3 for IAP to thank the devs for this. With how much gold im gaining though, im hesitant to do so as this might spoil the game too mcuh and make it too easy.

13. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    You can go in the settings and turn off music and sound fx separately.

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oh yeah.? How does that help me, or the game experience?

15. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
  16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I kind of like it besides the no iphone5 support.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... the sounds are the weakest part of this game. The background music felt like something from a korean MMORPG which im used to though, to it doesnt really bother me much.

But the game could use a decent sound set.

18. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Just played a little bit. I admitted the Battleheart-like gameplay will keep me interested in this game a little longer. So far the enemies are getting challenging after a few chapters, but I like how the equipments are customizable and you can see the effect taking place visually.

19. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #39 Solarclipse, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    you can play your own music while you play the game.

Anyway, I am still amazed at the quality for a free product. I am level 18 and the IAP are totally unecessary. There is a little grinding but not to much. I like that after 10 levels the character get new skins, nice touch and It gives me something to looking forward to in the 20s.

It would be nice to see a little more skill diversity between the two thieves and archers for instance—only the passives are different, and so far they don't seem that different. Still, the class choices are good.

I'm playing with the Roland and the wolf , who can take a fair amount of damage but also deal out a lot of hurt—about 580 now with a green ring. And still Alphonse and the cleric. 4 more to unlock :)

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I'm not interested in playing my own music, nor am I interested in making music myself that fits the game. Especially not when a developer doesn't care enough about their product to complete the game's atmosphere or immersion.

Yeah, I'm done with it. I was hoping the HD version would have better music, since the game is above 100MB, and there's no reason why they should have limited the files size by pretty much destroying a huge aspect of the game. I feel REALLY bad for the musician(s) who created the music... But because of it all, there's no way I'm going to keep playing, and obviously no way I'm going to purchase IAP to support them.