M3CH - (by Small Impact Game)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 24, 2012.

1. CameronSmall

CameronSmall Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Hey Darth Nihilus!

Maschinen Krieger damn straight! Great stuff, good eye, metal gear was actually a big source of inspiration for especially the way metal gear rex animates.

2. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Haha cheaboi! :D I know my stuff!

Well this is exactly what the iOS needs in the Robot Department, A solid game with true classic foundations, there's not a single one like that.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, i like dubstep, and pretty much any non-boyband music to be a game soundtrack. Orchestraic rock music is pretty much a favorite, but you also cant go wrong with dubstep and some hard trance to take you through shitdeep action sequnces.

4. KiwiGummy

KiwiGummy Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    The concept stuff for this is really impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing how this ends up.

5. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Cameron now im very very excited. I dont mind a game having a currency as long it doesnt have to get IAP replenished to make any progress. I hope u guys wont be shy of asking a good price u can make a sustainable livelihood of. In fact, i would like to see ur future app descr saying the game wont have any sales so gamers wont be sitting n waiting for an unreasonable n unfair .99 price tag.

But plz do add a free version to get the waiters know what their waiting for...

6. CameronSmall

CameronSmall Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Hey Guys!

Recorded a New video last night to show you guys some deeper gameplay elements.

CHECK IT OUT:

http://vimeo.com/60792111

Its also on our kickstarter page if that link does work.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/m3ch/m3ch/posts

Sanuku - Any Chance of updating the first post with the new video? That would be awesome!

PureRumble - Yea we plan to release at one solid price with no alternative sale prices not entirely sure the exact figure but it will range between 1.29 and 2.29 (GBP) But we plan to offer massive updates for free bi-monthly to make up for the lack of sale prices :)

KiwiGummy, Exact-Psience, Darth Nihilus - Thanks guys for the support, hope you enjoy the new video.

7. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Awesome video, and that price range is WAY to low IMO.

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Holy crap, the gap between console and mobile games gets closer by the game. This looks awesome.

9. CameronSmall

CameronSmall Member

Feb 23, 2013
    YO!

F34R - Thank you very much for the compliment :) maybe 49.99 then haha, we'll definitely consider a new price.

redribbon - Ipad 4/Iphone 5 version has alot of effects specifically for the device, such as depth of field which is looks great and LENS FLARES! haha. Personally I'd really prefer kickstarter support as it makes sure the development of the game is polished and it's released sooner, thanks alot for the support!

oooooomonkey - What a compliment! Thank you so much.

10. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Looks really cool! I was just wondering how many players will there be in multiplayer? and will you be supporting the ipod 4 touch crowed? Keep up the crazy good work!

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This may be my most look-forward-to game.

12. PureRumble

Nov 1, 2012
    Dude who gives a rat about campaign mode? Multiplayer man! Infinite multiplayer pleasure! :p

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I only care about the campaign. I've NEVER been into MP gameplay...

14. PureRumble

Nov 1, 2012
    U are kidding i hope... U dunno what u are missing! Begin with sky gamblers storm raiders gor starters

15. PureRumble

Nov 1, 2012
    Cameron will you be able to blow up buildings by any chance, or is that a bit too high up above the bar? :-/

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    No im not kidding... And after the mp experiences i have had, especially with sky gamblers, ive no interest in getting into it... At all...

17. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #37 Darth Nihilus, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    They're right, the price can go a bit up, it's exciting that games that look to have more depth are coming out, makes you actually want to pay more so that develops faster.

What's your word on Low end devices (iPod touch 4)? Will they be supported?

Otherwise I'll have to upgrade, there are like 5 new games that came out that I can't play lol

18. PureRumble

Nov 1, 2012
    Off topic, but what about mp in sky gamblers?

19. CameronSmall

CameronSmall Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Hey guys! So think i need to talk about multiplayer and singleplayer features since you guys are showing a keen interest in both!

(Quick mention about sky gamblers, I play the latest one and its high quality both in offline and online skirmishes is a console quality experience we at Small Impact games are inspired by and trying to achieve, more games like this and the iOS platform will be great for years to come!)

So one thing we tried to set out in our multiplayer mode is that it's close to the same experience in the singleplayer, so you're experience never feels disconnected, for example you can use you're singleplayer mech loadout online and win a payout (credits) against other players in multiplayer that can be spent to purchase new mechs to be used in single player and multiplayer. If that makes sense, we hope this will make the multiplayer more attractive to play rather than a separate entity but at the same time you can happily play through M3CH without ever going online against another player.

florendas - currently the game has 1v1 multiplayer but we have a massive urge to increase that to at least 4 player combat, currently we are limited by the unreal engine until there's an update that lets us do that. We hope it will be made available very soon.

PureRumble - Buildings that blow up? We'll we've definitely considered it since its the same tech we used to blow up vehicles we have in currently but it would be a little too demanding for low end devices such as the Iphone 3GS and even the iphone4 to have such large objects explode however in the next technological leap its something we would love to put in as an update.

Darth Nihilus - Hmm ipod touch 4, doesn't have the best specs for M3CH, it can be choppy, (just like epic citadel/infinity blade) however the affordable Ipod touch 5 is great with it, gets a very steady 33fps with it, currently my favourite device to play it on and I intend to do a video demo with it very soon. I'd recommend that :p I'm flattered you'd consider a new device for our game!

redribbon Thanks alot for the support, you kick ass!

Cheers guys, this thread is a real joy to be apart of, here's a treat, a new trailer for M3CH check it out............... lol :

http://vimeo.com/60900752

20. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I'm telling you Cameron, iOS gaming seems to be getting more serious now, AVP, Zombox, Forgotten Memories, I've been considering to upgrade for a while and M3CH is pushing me over the edge a tad more lol, I actually just now asked a friend of mine if he wanted to buy my iPod touch 4 so I can buy the new one for when this game and others come out.