Crazy Bikers - out soon at 0.99 USD

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DiogoP, Feb 19, 2011.

1. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    #1 DiogoP, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
    Hi!

Crazy Bikers will be out soon, it is being reviewed by Apple as I write.

For now, I'll leave you with some screenshots and I'll post a short video soon...

Thanks!

Diogo.

Pharaoh's Valley (first level) Extended (wheelies, falls, etc)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    Hi!

Just added a small video, I'll add a better one later.

3. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    i....want this.......dont know why. but i want it. also, tilt controls optional?

4. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    No tilt controls for now (we're not big fans of tilt) but we're listening to players!

5. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    This is the first level, it is very simple - no big jumps, no water, no lava, no toxic waste, no holes in the ground, etc.

The next levels are much more funny, I'll post more videos later.

There are not thousands of games like this in the App Store. There are a bunch of motocross games but they're nothing like this.

In fact, there's not a single game that can be compared to Crazy Bikers currently in the App Store.

6. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    Just added an extended version of the same level.

Turbo boost (0:20), wheelies (lots) and falls (at 1:25, 1:14) can be seen.

Player was racing with Fat Tony (skeleton) so it completely breaks apart, you can see a pile of bones :)

7. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Hm, is anyone EVER going to do Gravity Defied on the iPhone?

8. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Looks very good!

I have lost hope.. :/

9. steviebwoy

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Yeah, me too. All these motorcross games are just waaaay too arcadey and fast. It's all about silly jumps and ludicrous level design.

I'd say to developers - just take a look at Gravity Defied. No nonsense, no silly graphics or characters, just really simple level design and graphics but the replay value on that game was absolutely huge. It was so difficult, so intricate, that every single inch of progression was filled with tension.

Even games like Trials HD on the 360, and Stunt Biker on the iPhone fail with this - it's just too fast-paced and gimmicky, there's no tension. The arcade motorcross games have all been done a million times now, they're essentially all very similar, we need something new in this genre, really we do.

Sorry to flame! It just frustrates me that these games all seem to be missing the point imho.

10. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal

No problem with the flame, not taken personally.

I shouldn't comment other games but since that game is not on the App Store, it is not our competitor, I'll open an exeption.

It is called bankruptcy.

That's what happens when some company creates a game that appeals only to a fraction of the market - which is the case with the game you mention, it is a game that only some hardcore gamers will play.

Unless those gamers are willing to pay $50 for the game, the developer will never recover the money spent.

To me (I never played it) it is so ugly that hurt my eyes. To me, games are also for relaxation during brakes, not to make me feel anxious or fill me with tension.

PS. Don't mistake ugly with simple, I love simple, brilliant games but that is plain ugly - ask any designer (except perhaps the creator!)

11. steviebwoy

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    I take your point entirely on the ugly thing; Gravity Defied is an old game and it would definitely not win any style awards, but that's easily remedied with a decent graphic designer on board. The point is the style of the game, and the way the game plays so smoothly, means that it really doesn't matter what it looks like. Indeed, making the graphics so simplistic means that the framerate and the reactions of the bike are all absolutely spot-on.

If you're going to attempt this kind of game you have to hit something new that hasn't been done before. With respect, there must be at least 20 different motocross games on the app store that, if you stripped all the graphics away, play pretty much the same.

Trust me, I've tried pretty much all of them in the hope of finding one that holds my attention. To me, they're all just basic games, full of silly turbo boosts and extra points for doing somersaults. Great fun for 5 minutes, but there's very little long term appeal.

With something like Gravity Defied, you're building on the basic premise of a motocross game but you're adding some seriously great physics.

I hear you regarding the "relaxation" point but surely you can't argue that increasingly a game's difficulty means that it's not fun to play? Beating your friend's times, and forging your way through the various levels of Gravity Defied is such a challenge in the same way as beating League of Evil, or Super Meat Boy is such a challenge. Neither of those games are relaxing, but you don't need me to tell you how popular those games are!

12. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    I see what you mean but Crazy Bikers is, by concept, a comic racing game. The point is to win the races, beating the other riders, doing some acrobatics in the middle.

You are talking about a completely different concept, more like Moto X Mayhem which is a Trial game - the point is to quickly surpass the obstacles. I cannot see a big difference (in concept) between that and Gravity Defined but that may be because I never played it.

"Realistic Physics" is another subject and generally a game is not a simulator. In fact, keeping things "too realistic" may make many games unplayable or at least, hurt the gameplay a lot.

There's one thing you said about beating your friend's times with which I agree - It would be cool to have that here in Crazy Bikers. If many people request that as we think it will happen, we'll probably do it.