3.0 Question, please help.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dominator246, Jul 5, 2009.

1. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I just purchased the ipod touch 2nd gen 3.0 Software and downloaded it, but in my itouch summary it shows that the software is still 2.2.1. What do I do? Is there something else I need to do? Any help is appreciated.

2. catomax

catomax Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Did you make sure to install it after you downloaded it? It's a 2-step process. I would right click on your itouch in itunes and try to re-install it.

3. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Do you have the newest Itunes installed? I had purchased and downloaded 3.0 firmware and couldn't install becuase I needed iTunes 8.2. After I installed new iTunes i had to re-download 3.0 all over again

4. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    You don't have to redownload the file if you have to update to 8.2. Just find the download location in your iTunes section and it should have the .ipsw file there for the 3.0 update.

5. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    You didn't have to do that, all you have to do is Shift+click update and look for the ipsw file.

6. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    yeah i know where it usually downloads the file but it wasnt there. it acted strange before it told me to update itunes and it went through the whole process of backing up my ipod and then validating the update then looked as if had updated th ipod and reset it then when it turned on again it said firmaware wasnt compatible but the ipod never updated. it was all very strange and i suspect firmware gnomes had some hand in it hey and i just stepped in dog poop well it was a rotten week but new firmware is nice and after seeing that i can have as many apps as i want in my ipod it was worth ten dollars.

7. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    If you screw up your iPod, you can always restore it and download the update again.