iPad The Settlers by Gameloft [+Lite] (v1.1.9 Retina Display)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sizzlakalonji, Nov 7, 2009.

1. RoyalCanadian

RoyalCanadian Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    age of empires gameloft style. hopefully nova is next, I can't wait any longer

2. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    According to Gameloft, it's actually a port of Settlers IV, so that would make sense.

3. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Awesome, thanks Izzy

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    A new nano or settlers, that is the question.

5. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I can't believe this!

iTunes crashed while it was installing the game and now the app is gone. Redownloading it, it'll take nother 10 minutes or so :(

6. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    more impressions please? :D

7. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Is there a free play mode?

8. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    That's what I really want to know. If I were to guess, I'd say no - the game description makes no mention of it :(

9. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I don't see a free mode available. Comes with four tribes, although seems like only Romans are only accessible to me right now, and missions unlock one at a time. I don't know what happens once I'm done with the Romans. Does the game continue to unlock missions one at a time or do the options open up...?

10. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Hm... interesting. Hope it DOES have one though. That was one major shortfall of Gameloft's last RTS: Rise of Lost Empires.

11. Decided to take a chance and get this instead of the other "Settlers" of Catan that is also $5. Wow this is awesome so far. Took about 4 mins to download and 6 mins to install. It has 35 screenshots for help plus more in game help. Animations are nice from fish popping out of the water to rabbits running around, etc.

I really like how they have a small slider for zooming in/out and keep the two fingers pinching for multiple selecting of units.

Ok now gonna post about 100 screenshots I took.

12. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    No freeplay is hugely disappointing but, what can you do.

Booting the game up for the first time right now. :D

13. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    MrBass, I'm playing the first mission and while I have built the woodcutter's hut, he doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot of woodcutting. Is that normal?

14. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Great game.

However, what am I missing here? The down load took at least twice the space it is listed at. I started with close to 700mb and now I have 70mb. Is this always the case with games and I am now just seeing this because I am low on space?

15. jesusrules247

jesusrules247 Active Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Game is pretty fun! No sign of a freeplay mode, but there seems to be quite a lot of missions spread throughout 4 tribes.

The gameplay is pretty good so far in the first mission (much better than Rise of the Lost Empires). The whole look and set-up of the screen was well put together and I have had no problems yet. There are a ton of buildings to construct along with many units and workers to put together.

It's a really good game, even though freeplay may not be included. But, who knows? Gameloft may hopefully take the time to add some updates that include it later on. :)

16. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I just hope all the buildings look different for all the tribes :D if not, it'll look really lazy. Given that the game is pretty big, I don't think they skimped out on the art.

Edit: Jesusrules, that's highly unlikely. Gameloft doesn't seem to believe in updates that bring in new content. They fix bugs and that's it.

17. jesusrules247

jesusrules247 Active Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Yeah, I've noticed that, just being hopeful.

18. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Great game, I love the ambiance and how my screen seems to came alive with activity!