my Ipad Charging Cable frayed is this dangerous?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Markku, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    so my ipad 2 cable looks like it frayed today the white coating is falling off near the spot that I plug it in to the ipad 2 to charge, now what Im wondering is if I accidentally touch the the part under the white coding can I get Shocked? or is there another coding underneath?

It looks blueish.

2. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    it its still under warranty (the ipad) just take it to the apple store they will replace it.

3. Does it look better than this?

[​IMG]

If so, you might be fine

...that's the only cable I use to sync stuff to my iPad and iPod...how have I not been electroctued yet?

4. Hoggy, did you try taking it to the applestore? Sometimes they will just change things for free if it is a danger. I would neglect power stuff too much, can start a fire.

5. There aren't any Apple Stores in NZ, so...

Do they accept international products?

6. iMacJaz

iMacJaz Active Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Student/Financial Industry
    Maybe it's still under warranty at the retailer/distributor in NZ. I've had good experiences with Official/Approved Apple resellers in the past... They may just exchange it for you.

How much do 30pin cables go for these days? I'm sure they dropped in price after Lightning cables took center-stage.

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've seen them in the pound shops in the uk, but wouldn't like to comment on the quality.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah i made that mistake, got a dirt cheap one from a market. Whenever i used it it was very hot, one day went to unplug it, got a huge electric shock and smoke started coming from the plug ! Learnt my lesson ! Only buying Apple cables from now on !

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I replace all my cables with the ones from Rocketfish. They don't fall apart like Apple's cables do and they don't stop working after a week like the cheap impostors do. One purchase and it's done. I'm always taking my cables to work and back so they take some abuse and I've never had to replace a Rocketfish cable.

10. Since you are my friend, I can ship you a free brand new Apple original 30 pin connector if you want to pay postage. Will save you $30?

Just question is, how much will the cheapest shipping be?

Email me if you like. Power stuff, you gotta be careful with cause of fire potential. Never charge on carpet with your cable. Do it on tile or something.