How deep are Aralon's skill trees?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dyelon, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Dyelon

Dyelon Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    As title says, I'm only level 8 or 9 but if the skill tree for the Ranger is all there atm for me to see...then thats pretty pathetic. Theres a super melee attack, a fire arrow, and a entangle root...and thats it for class-specific skills?

Please tell me it extends further at some point?
    I'm wondering if I should plunk more hours into this or keep trudging on with Dungeon Defenders...

2. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Nope. They all basically suck.

Seriously, I have my warrior at level 30 now and whenever I get any new skill points, I'm at a loss where to put them because they all just suck.

The only class that has a sort of good skill tree is a mage since I saw a fire and an Ice skill+ ability to summon pets.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You haven't done poison trap? Stealth? Ambush?

In any event, you've posted this on the wrong section (should be in game discussion).

4. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Well just looking super ahead to when I'll be able to play Aralon bug-free on my 2nd gen...

Which class is most entertaining? It'll be impossible for me to go through 3 playthroughs to enjoy all 3 classes (all 4 once Paladins are released), so with the current selection should I do Mage, Ranger, or Warrior? It seems Ranger would be most fun since apparently you can lay traps and use stealth and ambush and stuff?

5. Dyelon

Dyelon Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Its such a shame honestly...the game is so freaking good but the skill trees are so shallow its depressing...

6. Dyelon

Dyelon Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Yeah, that sounds fun when you say it out loud but it really just comes down to pressing the buttons for those abilities THE SAME WAY EVERY TIME...the fighting is very static and predictable

7. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I agree with you...which is the reason I got bored of it instantly. I thought IB was the most hyped game this year. I was wrong.

I played as a Warrior expecting to get some nice defensive spells...nope. Instead, I got five of the same skills and one parrying skill that doesn't even work, a shield bash that is basically useless because blocking doesn't work 99% of the time, and a attack booster that is only moderately helpful. And then count all the crashing and the bugs and the long loading times every time I enter a house, I just lost interest.

8. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    What do you guys think is the best class?

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I think the best all around is the Ranger. It has melee, projectile, and magic. Ranger can also summon a wolf spirit to fight alongside you. Very good all purpose class to play with, and it's been the funnest out of all my characters(I have a character for each class).

On topic: As much as I love the game(and still play on my iPad 2), my only real issue has been with the game is the lack of depth in the skill-tress. They are honestly about as deep as a bowl of cereal(could use more quests and unique armors/weapons too). I mean this game has everything you could pretty much ask for in an iOS rpg(large open world, diverse classes, very beautiful graphics, mounts, etc) and it does rank up there with the best no doubt. I just always felt for a game of this caliber, the skill trees fell flat and could have been thought out WAY better.

10. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Sounds like its time to start playing Order & Chaos instead!

11. Shankopotamus

Mar 28, 2011
    Thanks GodSon! That was helpful, and I think I'll start a ranger.

@Neehan: I plan on getting it soon (I'm short on money right now). It looks really fun, hopefully as fun or more fun than Aralon , which I love despite the shallow skill trees.

12. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

As much as I loved Aralon and appreciate all the work that went into it, I think OaC is better. Aralon was great through all my playthroughs, but I see OaC lasting longer.

13. Shankopotamus

Mar 28, 2011
    That's actually a good thing, because I plan on getting O&C, and if you enjoy it more than Aralon, than it should be an awesome game.

By the way, is there still room in that toucharcade guild or server thing? (Sorry, I don't know what it's called, I'm new to this type of game)

14. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

They're both worth getting, but if I had to choose, I'd say OaC. Very nice skill trees surprisingly.

And as far as I know there's still room. Next time you see me online send me a whisper and I'll add you in.

15. purpleline

purpleline Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Totally agreed.