Universal Knights of Pen & Paper - (by Behold Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Oct 31, 2012.

1. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    hey, please, that is not necessary. its just a tip, ill drop the best tip for you:

lots of pages ago in this thread, some users started a wiki about the game. so i believe one of the best things you can do is to take a look at it, maybe you'll get whats best for your game:
    http://knightsofpenandpaper.wikia.com

2. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
  3. Ashraam

Ashraam Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    France
    I've just beaten mom ^^

Your game was really great, congrats :) One of my favourite IOs RPG ever

If anyone need tips, here is a screenshot of my team ^^

[​IMG]

4. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    #824 Nemer, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    Nevermind i misread it.

5. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Any signs of content update?

6. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    we're currently working on it. there won't be any new classes but there'll be many more stuff. :3

can't really say much about it though, sorry!

7. Estrica

Estrica Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Top left Shop button. Press the right arrow 2 times to go to the Object page. There is the Holy Grail. These costs ingame currency.

8. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I'm going to restart. What's a good player/class combo to complete all content eventually? I want a solid team combo.

9. Talance

Talance New Member

Feb 25, 2013
    The easiest combo (IMO) is paladin, mage, hunter, rogue, cleric. Paladin is easily best at having threat and reducing damage, mage and hunter are both great at either AoE damage or single-target damage depending on spec, the rogue can put out serious single-target DPS with very little threat, and the cleric is the best all-around healer. You could also replace the cleric with a bard and have some extra AoE DPS, but the bard's single-target heal is pretty weak. I think the cleric is the easier choice.

10. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    I've found Bard, Hunter, Rogue, Paladin, Necromancer to be a ridiculously solid team. The bard provides regen, the necro provides hp steal, so healing isn't a problem. Your three main damage dealers are all physical, so you get the maximum benefit from Help From Below's crit bonus and the bard's strength buff. I have yet to lose a character in combat, but I've been taking my time and haven't beaten the final final boss yet.

11. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    What players would you combine with the classes optimally? Gonna get rid of my gear maxed party and start again fresh.

12. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I have a similar party, although I went with a. Druid instead if a necro; the Druid does physical damage and can heal; but if understood better how the necro works I might have gone that way

For a physical damage party I think the knight is a better choice because Er can get a really high critical rate and do twice the damage, which the paladin can never catch up to. Although his shield lasts longer, with the knight he attacks while his shield goes up so its doesn't matter.

13. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    24 days on the sign at the shipyard..., that is really close to the equinox, or solstice is it?

Looking forward to an update!

14. DarkNecros

DarkNecros Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    From left to right my party line up is Necro Shaman Hunter Bard Barbarian,
    Necro gives hunter and barb extra crit and hp steal and uses minion for more dps and he has great mp management stealing over 110% of his damage as mp, Shaman does great damage, i put 1 point in each attack and rest in static field for excelent damage and mp management Hunter has heart shot and volley and about 50% crit rate with my necro boost Bard has a good party heal and has an alright single heal (also it use use it on himself he heals himself 2x) Barbarian has around 50% crit, high damage with powercord and beserk and great threat (he has 53% threat draw before i use beserk) and has 110% hp steal with necro boost and when he crits its easily over 125 hp so he only needs to survive one round at a time. I already have full blacksmith upgrades and an extra 3.5k cash for 4 rings once we hit level 32 (25 atm) i grinded for gear until level 21 before doing a single quest and the shaman makes grinding very easy.

15. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    behold studios will make a huge announcement soon, probably late March. the date is because of that. everything is connected, virtual and real worlds.

your strategy is quite interesting, nice job back there. some people thinks necromancer is the worse class available. it's always good that it can be explored that way. by the way, I buffed summon minion spell myself for the next update (maybe related to previous quote on this post, who knows? :D).

16. kaiser_v3

kaiser_v3 New Member

Mar 8, 2013
    I started to play. I am level 21 and it seems that the ability Weakening its too powerfull. It simplifies a lot all the combats.
    What is your opinion?

17. gty

gty Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brazil
    it is strong indeed. when we were crafting spells into the game, we thought that we felt the need to make every single spell useful. when we used to play turn-based games jrpgs we never used any kind of debuffs but just straight damage to burn them to hell as fast as we could. we wanted to change this in knights of pen and paper and made it strong so people would actually use it.

but the more weakening you have, the less healing power you have. that's kind of a way to balance things but weakening spell doesn't affect magical damage. it's all about strategy. and since we have a trinity of stats: hp/atk/mp, we thought that everyone that has "hp" on it's core would have the chance to tank. so... you may tank as: paladin (pure hp), warrior (hp + atk), cleric (hp + mp) and for the unlocked classes:
    knight (pure hp), barbarian (hp + atk). we thought that letting a bard (hp + mp) tank would be pushing classes way too hard into the roles and we didn't make it as tanky
    . anyway, weakening is one of the core abilities for your tank cleric. :3

have fun :D

18. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE (at least here in little Austrian app store).

19. someperson

someperson Member

Jan 11, 2013
    In America too!

20. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I'm liking this game a lot is it long?