[LeftRight] Rubik's Slide coming to the iPhone and we want beta testers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LeftRightStudios, Oct 10, 2010.

1. LeftRightStudios

Feb 25, 2010
    #1 LeftRightStudios, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
    LeftRight Studios is looking for beta testers! We are a games company located in Pittsburgh PA, focusing on iPhone and Flash apps.

The game to be tested is an iPhone version of the Rubik's Slide – the ‘twisted’ electronic puzzle you can’t put down. Slide it. Twist it. Match the light pattern to solve it!

You can find out more information on the actual game here:
    www.RubiksSlide.com

The objective of each puzzle is to rearrange the lights by twisting and sliding the lights on the puzzle until the pattern matches the solution for that puzzle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have limited beta tester positions available, to be part of the beta testers, please post a comment and tell us why you love Rubik's and why you would be the best beta tester for this game! Then send us a private message or email with the following information:

Name and TouchArcade Handle
    Device Type (Iphone, Ipod, Ipad...)
    Device OS Version
    Device UDID

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    The LeftRight Team

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i would apply, but i suck at rubiks cubes. really, really, badly.

3. LeftRightStudios

Feb 25, 2010
    Hi Jak56, I am one of those people who wasn't good at the Rubik's cube at all growing up myself....compared to my cousin who solved it countless times....perhaps I did suck at it. :)

When I picked up this Rubik's Slide game, I was able to play it without supervision. This game has 3 difficulty modes and I am able now to play easy and medium in the countdown mode and free play mode. I still haven't tried my hand at the Lightning Round mode but will do it this week. If you ask me, this is a Rubik's Slide game that is really for everyone...I am a good example of it myself.

4. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Hey I would really like to test because my brother spent a few months of his life addicted to a rubiks cube. He watched countless videos asked friends for info, and finally he had the secret to solving a rubiks cube! I would really like to to be able to solve a rubiks so I can prove to him I could! I will send you my information shortly!

5. LeftRightStudios

Feb 25, 2010
    Absolutely! Tell us what you think.

6. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    What do you mean what do I think?

Well from the looks of it the game looks fun and interesting and I would enjoy it. I Gage always tried the real rubiks cube and failed. With this one I will have fun and hopefully succeed. I really would like to help this game get it's full potential!

7. Drsponge

Drsponge Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Turn Around
    Hi,

Rubik's slide looks like a really fun game. I can only complete one side on a real Rubik's cube, but this one looks like an easier version. I promise to help make this game the best it can be. I'm an experienced beta tester and I hope I'm picked to test Rubik's Slide. Will send PM

8. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    The Rubik's Slide is my all-time favorite game. I am horrible at solving the standard Rubik's Cube, but the Slide is a game that can be played from ages 5 to 105! It's easy to play and very addictive.

Here's a gameplay video of the non-app version:

I am a huge fan of Techno Source's other game, Rubik's Revolution, and the Rubik's Slide is just as incredible. Everyone who enjoys puzzle games should pick this one up. And if you have a friend who does not have an iDevice, surprise them with a Rubik's Slide shown in the video above!

I seriously cannot speak enough good things about this gem. I am really looking forward to seeing this come to the App Store.

9. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    He means your opinions or feedback, whatever you think makes it shine, and what needs more work.

10. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

I'd like to test this game, becuase I was an amzing solver, but now I've forgotten and need to learn again! :D

11. barkuto

barkuto Active Member

Feb 27, 2010
    I would love to solve this game! I'm not the best at Rubik cubes, but i always find it fun to try to solve it( Then throw it on the floor out of rustration, then pick it up and try again xD ).
    I haven't beta-ed many games, only about 5 currently, 4 of which are by GAMEVIL( awesome company I'd say :p ). And like any good tester, I give a lot of advice/suggestions.
    I just sent you information too.

Edit: I noticed I said "solve" I meant test, lol.

12. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I'd test this game, I also suck at Rubik's games.

13. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I love rubiks. Though I am hardly a good solver. I own a 2x2, 3x3 and a mirror's cube (yet touched cos I am afraid I cant get it back to it's orginal shape)

14. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I sent you my data via pm.
    I am NLT that great at the Rubio cube, but the slider seems something more for me.

Cheers

15. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Anybody got to test it yet?

16. LeftRightStudios

Feb 25, 2010
    We will be selecting beta testers before the end of the week. At this current moment, no one has beta tested yet. Stay tuned! :)

17. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    ok!
    Good since (in case I get selected) I am busy testing Queen's Crown right now :)

18. LeftRightStudios

Feb 25, 2010
    Last Call for Beta Testers for Rubik's Slide iPhone Game

Be one of the first to play this game and give us your feedback and comments!

19. LeftRightStudios

Feb 25, 2010
    Send us your information for beta testing if you haven't done so yet

Send us your information for beta testing if you haven't done so yet

20. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I love sliding puzzles like the 15 puzzle, or the unblock/car escape kinds; was a whiz at Rubik's Cubes when I was younger - even had a keychain! I have a vast beta testing experience on all genres of games and my goal in testing is always to make the best possible product.

I just noticed this thread and have no idea how it slipped by me - I think because I wasn't around this weekend or something but I hope it's not too late!