Unreal Engine for testing - Need .cer and .key :D

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by dancerdudes, Jan 28, 2011.

1. dancerdudes

dancerdudes Active Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Hey!

I have been looking at the Unreal Engine - and I was wondering if anyone here who has a developers account could create me the files necessary to publish my apps to a local device to test it?

I have a Mac - but currently I am working on getting the $99 Xcode development tools - I am trying to understand how to read/write Objective C before I even think about buying Xcode.

If you have a developers account and would like to help me -
    This is what I would need:
    * Generate key pair and certificate request
    * Create certificate and mobile provision
    * Import provision and certificate into UDK

For a more detailed look: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/AppleiOSProvisioningSetup.html

I would not be looking into publishing this app for the App store - just looking to publish it to my iPod with a few tools ( I know what I am doing... sorta :p)

If someone could please help it would be much appreciated!

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    #2 mr.Ugly, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011

lol.. you are asking for one of the most sacred info a developer can give you..

for his developer certificate and its key.. o_O... how about creditcard numbers and CVC?

thats nothing you should give or get from anybody.

3. DrummerB

DrummerB Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Switzerland
    No sane developer would give away his certificates to a random guy on a forum...
    And you don't need to "buy XCode". Just register for free. Then go ahead and download XCode and all the tools you need to start developing. You only need to pay the $99 to be able to test on a real device (get your certificate). Until then you can test in the simulator. UDK has a simulator too. And I would't pay the $99 anyway until I have some solid Objectice-C and Cocoa knowledge.

4. sonic1995

sonic1995 New Member

Jul 30, 2011
    #4 sonic1995, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
    Nobody will give you his keys and certs

5. yemi

yemi Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    I hate to say it but Mr.Ugly is right on this one , so this is the 1st time Mr.Ugly is right this year. No one would just information like that unless they knew you and were making games with you.Also bringing up jailbroken devices in a developer forum is hilariously bad form.
    Anyway Iam glad you learn the UDK and hope your game is solid when it finally comes to the appstore.

6. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Agreed, no one is going to give you the key. Is it even allowed? I'm pretty sure if the Unreal Engine devs knew about it, the person giving the keys would probably be banned.

I hope you weren't planning on succeeding, cause no one is going to give you those codes. Unless there's money involved.

Also: Talking about jailbreaking on a dev is a bad idea as yemi pointed out. Not cool.

7. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Can you guys send me your app binaries? I need them to sell on the app store to make money.