iPhone [Official] Prince of Persia Classic iOS - 1st March 2012

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ubisoft, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Ubisoft

Ubisoft Member

Feb 23, 2012
    [​IMG]

Hi! I am Feinicks, the Designer behind Prince of Persia Classic! After much deliberation, kidnappings, extortion and rescues within Ubisoft, following various death threats being exchanged between the Producer and I, watched by rest of the team while eating popcorn, I am thrilled to announce Prince of Persia Classic is coming out! :D

[​IMG]
    Concept Art​

The owners of iPod 3rd gen above, iPhone 3GS and above and iPad and above, will now be able to embark on their journey to rescue the Princess come 1st March, 2012!!

[​IMG]
    In-Game Graphics
    • Multiple Game modes
      1. Normal
      2. Time Attack
      3. Survival
    • Tips and tricks to beat the game
    • Customizable controls for comfort
    • Graphics customized for HD and Retina devices
    • Share with friends through Facebook and Mail
    • Leaderboards and Achievements via GameCenter

Prince of Persia Classic will be available on 1st March, 2012 on the AppStore!!
    Drop in a line if you want to know more!

Feinicks
    Ubisoft
    [​IMG]

2. I'll definitely keep an eye out for this!

3. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    :DAwesome I hope to see something more for iPad 2 performance, Graphics, gameplay:D

4. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Definitely want more info. I love the original PoP gameplay and by the looks of it I will be buying this one too.

5. boobga

boobga Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Teacher
    NYC
    Looks amazing. looking forward to this game

6. Farfield

Farfield Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Looking forward to this game, i'm hoping to see it in my iPod touch 4 soon, i hope to feel the controls fine.

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#8 Sanuku, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    Ontopic:

Dear Feinicks, dear Ubisoft Team that did gave the Go for the first Release that was bugged as Hell and which some of us had been charged for some hard earned Money...

• Were those obvious Bugs fixed or is this the same Build as the one in December?
    • For the love of the iOS God how could have the first Build back then slip the Intern Gameloft/Ubisoft Quality Department or was it just an early Press Build for Previews that got abloaded on the iTunes Store and even approved?
    • Does the Game contain any IAP?
    • Is the upcoming Re-Release Universal?

Offtopic:

• Any Hint when we can expect Rayman Origins from Ubisoft finally appear on the Mobil Plattform ?

8. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I can't wait ! I thought it was just cancelled and would never reappear.

9. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    #10 reec0X, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    Whoa....the prince is back! I will looking into this in day 1!...@Feinicks -- good job by bringing this into iOS environment!...bravo to Ubisoft. Sanuku....you've been beta tested :).

10. Ubisoft

Ubisoft Member

Feb 23, 2012
    #11 Ubisoft, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    Hey Everyone

Universal Build? We made separate builds for the iPhone (optimized for Retina) and iPad (optimized for HD). A universal build would be really huge (in size)… something we wanted to avoid.

iCade Support? We have no current plans to support iCade.

Accidental Release and Delay We extended the support to multiple iOS devices and focused on enhancing the experience on each. Regarding the previous release, ‘He Who Must Not Be Named’ fell asleep on the job! True Story!

IAP? Nope, not really required.

Repurchase?Those who purchased the game previously, please update! :D (No... you don’t need to buy the game again!)

Thank you all for your support! Hope you enjoy the game!
    [​IMG]

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Thank you a million Times Feinicks! You really did even take the Time to answer each one of those Question. Thank you really a lot for taking the Time in this Case.

PS:

You Guys are killing me with the Wait for the Rayman Origins iOS Announce ;D

12. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    Will other Prince of Persia titles (such as Sands of Time, and Two Thrones) be released for the iPhone in the future?

13. santhoshr

santhoshr New Member

Nov 26, 2011
    any plans for windows phone release?

I'm not troll, I was using iPhone for long time now using windows phone and I loved POP from DOS days, any plans to bring it to windows phone? And you would be blessed doing so :)

14. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Will be downloading this as soon as it appears!!! :)