"Wingmen: World War" Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by heck, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heck

heck Active Member

Apr 8, 2011
    #1 heck, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

Hi, Everyone! I am one of the developer from Labu games.
    We're currently working on our first iOS game and we're finishing up soon.

Below is the trailer for our game Wingmen: World War. I hope you're going
    to like it!

Wingmen: World War is an expansion to the original Wingmen, an aerial dogfight strategy game.

Defend the world from alien invasion with fleets of fighter planes. Issue direct command to your ships and utilize the special abilities to outmaneuver your opponents. Buy upgrades and stronger ships to overpower them.

Please visit www.labugames.com for more announcements and release date.

Attached Files:

2. heck

heck Active Member

Apr 8, 2011
    More details on Wingmen

Hi, I'm back with more details of the game :)

Wingmen is a strategy game with planes, airships, dogfights and lots of explosion!

Aliens have invaded earth, and Wingmen Corp. is hired by the government to fight them (I know...don't ask :p). The game puts you in the role of a general in the mercenary company Wingmen Corp.
    You will have a selection of planes and special attacks in your worldwide missions to destroy the aliens.

Here is the world map view:

[​IMG]

All of your missions is accessible from the world map. By finishing missions, you will gain XP points. The XP can be used to buy upgrades, unlock new types of planes and special attacks.

[​IMG]

The yellow plane above is Nemesis, the first plane you get in the game. It's a fighter plane armed with gatling gun.
    The purple plane is alien's fighter, it's going to be your first enemy.

A couple more screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  4. lomaelli

lomaelli Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    How many weapons can be equipped with? What about levels? Are the controls smart? Smart controls in this sort of games are important.

5. heck

heck Active Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Controls

Thanks!

Here is the controls:

* Basically, you tap on buttons to create planes and launch special attacks. Some of the special attacks require you to select a target position, which you can do by tapping anywhere on the sky.
    * To select a single ship double-tap on it.
    * To select multiple units, make a selection rectangle with two fingers.
    * When a unit is selected you can order it to attack by tapping on an enemy
    * Or, tap on a location to have your ship flies there.
    * If a unit is selected, a special ability button will appear at the bottom of the screen (but, you need to unlock it first), tap on this button to activate the special ability.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll try to post more info later, supplemented with pictures of course :)

Each plane have a fixed weapon type and you can bring a maximum of 4 plane types and 4 special attacks in a battle.

I share your concerns about the controls. It's a real challenge to make the game work in small screen. We've done quite a few tweaks and adjustments, so hopefully gamers will like it!