Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage by Nitrome $0.99 -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sink_or_swim, Aug 26, 2014.

1. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany

Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage

Nitrome
    Over 2 million downloads! #1 iPad app! Featured by iTunes in 146 countries! WINNER! iOS game of the year - Pocket Gam…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Over 2 million downloads! #1 iPad app! Featured by iTunes in 146 countries! WINNER! iOS game of the year - Pocket Gamer Award 2014 WINNER! Overall Game of the year - Pocket Gamer Award 2014 WINNER! Best casual/puzzle - Pocket Gamer Award 2014 Metacritic top 20 – all platforms 2013 “Nitrome couldn’t have done a better job bringing the series to mobile devices. A Viking Voyage is perfect!” - Jayisgames "I’m not entirely sure that I could be any happier with Icebreaker. It’s an incredibly fun, incredibly diverse, and incredibly clever physics puzzler." - 148 Apps "Definitely give this a look if you've ever remotely found yourself enjoying physics puzzlers." - Touch Arcade “Bursting with clever level design and creativity, this physics-puzzler is a cut above the competition.” - AppSpy An epic adventure based on the award-winning flash game! An icy wind has swept the Vikings away, leaving them stranded throughout the land and surrounded by trolls, deadly traps, dangerous enemies, and worst of all… troll snot! Now it’s up to you to save them! Use your icebreaking skills to solve puzzles and cut your way through ice, rope, cannons, explosives, slime and… err… chickens to get your clan back safely to the Viking longboat! Features: • Based on the award-winning flash game by Nitrome, now expanded, updated, and optimized for iPhone and iPad! • 140 action-packed levels in three different lands! • Beautifully immersive world filled with vikings, trolls, deadly theme park rides, and looooots of ice! • Use special god powers to speed through tricky levels! • Side quests! • Unlockable secrets! • Epic final bosses, including the gigantic Mountain Troll and his legendary indigestion! Can you seize your destiny and become the new icebreaking champion? Important Message for Parents This game may include: - Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13. - Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page. - Advertising of Nitrome products and also products from select partners. - The option to make in-app purchases. The bill payer should always be consulted beforehand.
    Information
    Seller:Nitrome
    Genre:Adventure, Puzzle
    Release:Jun 20, 2013
    Updated:Sep 25, 2014
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (15)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Already got this but haven't gotten around to starting it yet. It's got uniformly positive reviews, so I see little reason not to get it. Just curious, though: does it play anything like that old SNES classic, The Lost Vikings, where each viking's unique powers had to be utilised to get to the end of the level?

3. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Might be because of their new game!
    As for @sinagog I don't know which you are talking about but it's more like save the day type! You are a Viking on a voyage to save your fellows. You slice and smash the ice and solve puzzles to get them to safety! It's a very good Puzzle game!

4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

It's showing up $2.99 for the universal app and $.99 for the iPhone in the US. Did I miss the sale? Or perhaps, just perhaps I'm too early...

5. apple06

apple06 Member

May 8, 2012
    No this game is not like The Lost Vikings for SNES.. I wish someone would port that one though.. missed playing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZItppVpUwwc

6. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Does not show up free in the Canadian App Store!

7. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Had a lot of fun with this one, a Rovio Stars release if I am not mistaken. Worth a download and it was worth $0.99 too.

8. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    It still $0.99 in US.

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Sales always start at 11pm ET. Check now.

10. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Both versions show free now. If they don't for you go look something else up on the store then look it up again.

How bad is the IAP in this? Is it pushy bad with pay walls or is it just for cheating? Guess I'll lock in the licenses either way.

And yeah 8bit Doves is live as well so I'm guessing this is to celebrate that launch which is kind of weird but who am I to say no to a free game that will distract me from buying the new one. Heck it may encourage me to buy it.

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thank you, CygnetSeven & nightc1. Now It's free. Download and enjoy it now.

12. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #12 mrbiggles, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    universal $2.99 > FREE too

add universal version too ;)

148 Review 4.5/5 http://www.148apps.com/reviews/icebreaker-viking-voyage-review/
    "It’s an incredibly fun, incredibly diverse, and incredibly clever physics puzzler. One packed with enough tasks to complete (all coins, par, etc) to keep players busy for a good long while."

Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage (Universal)

Nitrome
    Over 2 million downloads! #1 iPad app! Featured by iTunes in 146 countries! WINNER! iOS game of the year - Pocket Game…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $5.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Over 2 million downloads! #1 iPad app! Featured by iTunes in 146 countries! WINNER! iOS game of the year - Pocket Gamer Award 2014 WINNER! Overall Game of the year - Pocket Gamer Award 2014 WINNER! Best casual/puzzle - Pocket Gamer Award 2014 Metacritic top 20 – all platforms 2013 “Nitrome couldn’t have done a better job bringing the series to mobile devices. A Viking Voyage is perfect!” - Jayisgames "I’m not entirely sure that I could be any happier with Icebreaker. It’s an incredibly fun, incredibly diverse, and incredibly clever physics puzzler." - 148 Apps "Definitely give this a look if you've ever remotely found yourself enjoying physics puzzlers." - Touch Arcade “Bursting with clever level design and creativity, this physics-puzzler is a cut above the competition.” - AppSpy An epic adventure based on the award-winning flash game! An icy wind has swept the Vikings away, leaving them stranded throughout the land and surrounded by trolls, deadly traps, dangerous enemies, and worst of all… troll snot! Now it’s up to you to save them! Use your icebreaking skills to solve puzzles and cut your way through ice, rope, cannons, explosives, slime and… err… chickens to get your clan back safely to the Viking longboat! Features: • Based on the award-winning flash game by Nitrome, now expanded, updated, and optimized for iPhone and iPad! • 140 action-packed levels in three different lands! • Beautifully immersive world filled with vikings, trolls, deadly theme park rides, and looooots of ice! • Use special god powers to speed through tricky levels! • Side quests! • Unlockable secrets! • Epic final bosses, including the gigantic Mountain Troll and his legendary indigestion! Can you seize your destiny and become the new icebreaking champion? Important Message for Parents This game may include: - Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13. - Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page. - Advertising of Nitrome products and also products from select partners. - The option to make in-app purchases. The bill payer should always be consulted beforehand.
    Information
    Seller:Nitrome
    Genre:Adventure, Puzzle
    Release:Jun 20, 2013
    Updated:May 20, 2015
    Version:1.3.1
    Size:58.5 MB
    User Rating: (8)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Video Review

Trailer

13. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Just got it. Thanks for the heads up.

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    IAPs are completely unnecessary. The game itself even ridicules their presence, IIRC.

15. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Fantastic game.
    It's a pity that I'm stuck in the last levels with the latest update. I'm looking for a walkthrough but I haven't found any...

Download the game asap. It's waaaaaaay better than the crappy Angry Birds.

16. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    It's a pity the save files are not transferable between the iPhone only and Universal version of the game. I can't do it via iTunes, iCloud is not supported in the iPhone version...

Anyway, for free this is a must have, fantastic physics based puzzler with tons of great, creative levels.

17. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Strange. The universal app seems to be the same size as the dedicated versions.

Can ios now download only the assets required?

18. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    There have been games that offered a separate download after install for Retina sets of graphics. Guess someone with an ipad should check the install size of the universal version. On my 4S with iOS 6.1.3 it's 56.5MB.

Oh and the game, it's pretty amazing. Anyone that likes physics puzzle games (Siege Hero, Angry Birds, Cat Physics etc) should give it a try.

19. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I have both versions installed on my iPad Air:
    iPhone version - 56,8 MB
    Universal - 57,9 MB

Actually when I open both apps, load the same level and switch between them I don't see any difference in sharpness or anything, apart from the obvious black border on the iPhone version in 2X mode. The menus in the Universal version are much sharper, that's the only difference that I notice.

20. Oka-mi

Oka-mi Active Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Bought this way back when it was released, and it's still my favorite puzzle game on iOS!! An absolutely fantastic game, polished to a shine.