Super Soccer Champs - Arriving 12th May FREE

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Uprising Elton, May 9, 2012.

1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Super Soccer Champs : The ultimate in Retro style Football action. Launches World Wide on 12th May

An evolution of World Soccer Champs 2010, where every part of the game is new or vastly improved :-
    All new AI
    Improved controls based on player feedback
    Adjusted pacing produces more tactical play
    Visual upgrades with Retina Display quality, slick 60fps update on any hardware.
    Landscape play for improved comfort
    More tournaments including English League play and 1990 Historic Tournament.
    But best of all it's FREE to play.

(please excuse the video quality!)

Inspired by legendary titles such as Sensible Soccer, Kick-Off and Dino Dini’s ‘Goal!’, Super Soccer Champs is fun to pick up and play but offers surprising depth.

Features:-

Multiple Tournaments to unlock, featuring over 180 teams.

Rewrite the records with historically accurate tournaments; only your result can change the course of history!

A full team editor; edit or make completely new custom teams *.

Online play via Game Center and local link via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi *.

Selectable difficulty including assisted dribbling.

Replay Viewer to relive those amazing goals.

Selectable match length *

*features require in-app-purchase to activate.

2. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Quick Bump for European day time readers :)

3. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Sounds awesome. Can't wait :)

How much for will the In-Apps cost? And how many In-Apps are there at the beginning?

4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The initial Free download lets you play 2 minute matches, on the default pitch, and has banner ads on in-obtrusive screens, and when the ball is out of play (no forced wait times or full screen ads to bypass though).

2010 World Championship historic tournament and Friendly matches are initially available, and the other tournaments can be unlocked via coins, which you can earn by playing matches (rewards for victory / goals / difficulty setting vary the amount.), or buy.

Most Tournaments are 300 coins, although some are cheaper.
    English League, Japanese League, and Chinese League are 300 coins each, European 2012 (with accurate groups) is 200. Other tournaments include 1990 Wolrd, 1996 Euro, 1986 and 1966. (more may follow, depending on popularity, Spanish League being in the works anyway)

(Uk prices used)

69p Gets you 400 coins, 1.49 gets you 1200, and 1.99 gets you a whopping 2800 coins.
    Any Coin pack purchase unlocks multiplayer (including GameCenter online play), longer matches, extra pitch types, access to the full team editor, and removes ads.

5. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Sounds great. I hope that the Online Multiplayer doesn't lag all the time.

6. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    It does depend on who you're playing against, and if the connection is poor, it will lag a bit. In testing playing friends who are fairly local (in an internet sense), it's been pretty lag free, usually working better than blue-tooth local link play.
    Playing Random opponents who might be anywhere, the experience will vary, but that's pretty unavoidable. it's something I can look at once it's in the wild and people are using it :)

7. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    That sounds good. We still miss a Soccer Game with a good Online Multiplayer. The ones I have tried has been almost unplayable. I know that it's difficult with Online Soccer matches on the iDevices, but maybe you can require a minimum Internet Speed to gain access to the Online matches? Or the players can be matched by how good their Internet Connection is.

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Game center should attempt to match local players first, but it's often the case that the only people trying to play at any given time are very far apart connection wise. It's definitely better if you can challenge a known friend instead, if at all possible.

9. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Universal build???

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #10 Uprising Elton, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
    Afraid not at the moment. The camera and controls all need some tweaking to work well as iPad Native, but it will be updated with Universal support in the not too distant.
    A two player on one device mode is also going to be present when the iPad optimisation is ready.
    I have played it on an iPad3 in testing, and it works pretty well, despite the oversized controls.

11. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Very good to hear, thanks #

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Right, I've got PromoCodes to give away access to the game 1 day early!

First 3 replies with the words "Yes please! I'd Love a promo code, thank you kind Sir!" win!

Or if you offer to write a user review.. that might work too! :)

13. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    #13 devensega, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
    I'm in, it looks a lot like sensible soccer which is a good thing.......however, I hate IAP, especially the idea that you buy tournaments individually. Is there an option to buy all unlocks from the off rather than pissing around unlocking what should be basic elements of any football game one at a time?

Edit: I should say I will throw proper amounts if money at this if it plays remotely like Sensi.

14. devensega

Feb 28, 2011
    Yes please! I'd love a promo code, thank you kind sir!

15. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    You don't have to buy them individually. There are only 3 purchases for different coin amounts. The £1.99 coin pack (2800 coins) unlocks everything and is enough coins to unlock all the tournaments. (Even the 69p IAP unlocks all the locked features and removes the ads) Unlocking a tournament is 1 click assuming you have the coins. Think it's a fair deal to get the basic game for free :)

16. devensega

Feb 28, 2011
    TAKE ALL MY MONEY!

£1.99 though mate, bargain.

17. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Yes please! I'd Love a promo code, thank you kind Sir! :)

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yes please! I'd love a promo code, thank you kind sir!

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    OK, that's the 3rd! I have one last code, so if anyone gives me a really good reason to give them it, it's theirs! :)

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just had a quick go, nice little footy game, reminds me of Kick Off actually (rather than Sensible soccer). Shall be playing this again later