App Video Recording

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by dprichard, Oct 26, 2012.

1. dprichard

dprichard Active Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I'm looking to record some game play from my iOS games so I can post videos and create trailers. The simulator on the Mac is so slow and choppy and recording the screen using a camera is less that perfect.

Does anyone have any good ideas about how to do this?

2. obscenemedia.com

obscenemedia.com Active Member

My iPhone was jail broken but not now with iOS 6 so I've turned to reflection. www.reflectionapp.com. It's okay and gets the job done but it's $15

3. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

If you are using cocos2d or unity you should use kamcord api. It's free and easy to integrate in your game, what you see on the phone's screen is what you get in the video.60 fps! It works really well.

4. LAGEddie

LAGEddie Active Member

Oct 16, 2012
    You can also use a capture card that uses an HDMI input (Elgato Game Capture HD is great), and use an HDMI out dongle for your iOS device.
    And as others have suggested, there are some great options if you jailbreak your device.

5. YOMANx

YOMANx Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Game Developer
  6. dprichard

dprichard Active Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up going with Relection. Super cool program! I was completely unaware you could do that with airplay. Thanks again!

7. bladko

bladko Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Yes Reflection is great and quite cheep. I found some issues with sound delay when recording apps made in CoronaSDK on iPad but any native app worked just great. It needs iPad2 or iphone4 at least to work.