iPad Hurdler for IPhone/Ipod Touch!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chunkysoup79, Jun 5, 2009.

1. chunkysoup79

chunkysoup79 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Hurdler is here for the Iphone/Ipod Touch!!! Hurdler is an extremely fun and addicting computer game that has been remade for the iphone and ipod touch. This game was released years ago by KNPMASTER (creator of thegamespage.com) and experienced instant popularity due to it's addicting and challenging gameplay, simple control scheme, and multitudes of levels. Now, it's here for the iphone/ipod touch. Hurdler for iphone is perfect for keeping you occupied at school, work, on the shitter, in commute...or just about anywhere.

The new Hurdler that is downloadable for the iphone/ipod touch includes:
    90 Total Levels
    -30 Classic Levels
    -30 Extra Levels
    -30 Exclusive Bonus Levels
    -Improved Graphics
    -New Background Art
    -Parallax Scrolling
    -Improved Game-Play
    -Refined Touch Detection
    -Online High-Score Boards

Also, check out the youtube Hurdler demo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG3yo_XQ8L0

2. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Where's the link to your game?

3. chunkysoup79

chunkysoup79 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Here are some screenshots for anyone who cares

Attached Files:

4. chunkysoup79

chunkysoup79 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Thanks IphonePhanatic

you can also go to: http://i.thegamespage.com/ in order to get Hurdler and see the other games that are comiong soon.

5. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Welcome to touchArcade!

Hurdler looks like a really fun game from the video. I'm going to try out the lite version now.

6. Ipodfan15

Ipodfan15 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I tried the lite version and liked it, but I'm still not sure about picking up the ful version. Do the levels get repetitive?

7. chunkysoup79

chunkysoup79 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    "Hurdler Classic" is available online on thegamespage.com. It's free so you can try it out to see how it gets later on in the game. You gotta be up for a really good challenge if you want to beat this game. The later levels can be tricky

8. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    finger flicking goodness;)

9. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    ok, bought the full version. Love it! Just one wish would be for local high scores, as I'm rarely near wifi. Also that you could go back to the game menu without leaving the game.

10. chunkysoup79

chunkysoup79 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    glad you enjoy it. Thanks for the input!

11. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    It's really fun! I really recommend it! The levels get really hard later on thouh

12. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    This game was great on the PC, and it translates pretty well to the iPhone. Even in their simplicity the visuals look good, and a well drawn stick figure game is always cool. the only thing that would be nice would be to have the option to have a D-Pad in the lower right corner. I know this wouldn't be optimal for left handed people, but speaking as a lefty I'd still prefer that to no D-Pad at all. The reason it would have to be to the right is that it would block the action too much if it were on the left. Anyway, it's a great game, especially for 99 cents, and the later levels will guarantee that you get your money's worth.

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Well seeing as I've been in the market for a game to play on the shitter, I picked up the lite to check it out. It's actually quite fun! I like the graphics, and the animation on the stick figure is really fluid. I love when you bail and your dude just skids on his face, cracks me up every time. Plus there's blood, so that's a plus (to me). Helps me feel the little guys pain. And to correct a previous poster, the lite version actually has 15 levels, 5 levels for each game type. So it's a pretty good little preview of what this game is, and based on that I'm gonna be picking up the full version. Fun game!

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Looks terrible to be honest.

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    "Looks" being the key word. There's lots of good games that probably look like they're terrible, but I appreciate games that have a simplistic art style. This game is actually really fun. I'm not a big fan of having each quadrant of the screen be the "buttons", but the swipe method works perfectly. I wouldn't dismiss this one based off of looks though.

16. chunkysoup79

chunkysoup79 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    I understand Hurdler isn;t as graphically advanced as some other iphone games. try hurdler classic at thegamespage.com and at least just see if you like it. The later levels difinitely give you your money's worth

17. chunkysoup79

chunkysoup79 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    So i wanted to bump this thread. WHat better way to do it then to offer a hurdler promo code as my post!

first to get it wins: XTT6XM6MMJ3R

18. Ipodfan15

Ipodfan15 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    It's gone, too bad since I really wanted to play and review this game.

19. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    just checked out the video looks great