What games don't you do..

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by thumbs07, Jan 20, 2011.

1. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    What games do you not do? Or what games do you avoid.
    Example- RPGs, freebie games, board games(nutter), idevice mmorpgs, adventure etc

I don't do physics-based games like angry birds- just bores me stupid.

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    board except for a couple like monoply life etc. and most rpg i try but can't resist even if it has the teeniest tinyest look of zelda in it. although i do love dungeon defenders because it blends 2 of my favorite games! tds' and rpgs i like

3. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    iDevice games. How can you play a game without buttons? Seriously, I don't care about all the great iPhone exclusives that wouldn't work without a touchscreen. I want to play my Pokemon with my 8 bit graphics and play FPS with massive auto-aims and 15 frames per second.

Actually, I hate most RPG's, retro games, and MMOs.

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #4 LBG, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
    Most causual games, Japanese/Asian games, 2D RPGs, platformers, most arcade games, board/card games, freemium games, mmorpgs, most puzzle games.

5. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Shooters, racing games, time management games, "Doodle Jump" games,
    non-turnbased RPGs, non-turnbased strategy games, "Tap Tap" games and most sport games.

6. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    wow. this is like perfect for me. seriously. absolutely perfect <3 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #7 backtothis, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    Sounds just like me except I loved classic RPGS/KRPGS. Platformers are decent every now and then, but most of them on the iOS are boring. Rolando 2 is probably the best one imo. Japanese/Asian games? Not sure what this is referring to, but I enjoy Asian RPGS..since honestly, nearly every rpg on the iOS is an "Asian" one. I would imagine Japan is in Asia as well xD. But yeah, casual games are boring, arcade games are boring, board games are boring, mmorpgs on the iOS are terrible, and freemium games..LOL. Whoa wtf, you don't like puzzles on the iOS though :(. It's honestly THE device for puzzle games. There are so many amazing puzzle games out there that are both innovative and extremely fun.

I'm a sucker for shooters, rpgs, and strategy games (rts + tbs). I pretty much have every game that's available on the iOS for each of the 3 genres. Sadly, I've barely touched on most of my rpgs since they take on average 15 hours a piece to complete. I'm only 20 minutes into Aralon even..wish I had the time to play the games I collect :(.

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I don't really "do" RTS games, just not my cup of tea, no matter how high quality the title may be.

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Crazy xP, rts has been my favorite genre since I was introduced to starcraft in 3rd grade..9 years ago. I really hope Starfront lives up.

10. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    hate most jrpgs and asian/japenese games in general (mostly the art style). Don't do board games or rts games really except for Land Air Sea Warfare I play that a bit. I also don't do turn-based games of any kind (except for a select few like rimelands) they all feel way to slow and usually have way to much strategy involved. I don't do most strategy only games. I don't really mind if a game has strategy in it, but if it's based solely on strategy I usually don't like it. And racing games, I get bored with racing games really really fast.

11. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    I don't do dp, or Ana...wait wrong forum.

Haha there's tons of games I'm always willing to try. I bought canabalt when it was on sale, mostly because I heard it was good but I neve thought of it worth 2.99 so I don't really do expensive small games. I mean as far as genres, it all depends. But anything that is pixel art <33333

12. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #12 dumaz1000, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    RTS, stealth, platforming, 8 or 16-bit "retro"/Korean sprite-based action RPGs. Games in the same vein as the original Zelda, basically. RTS, above all others though.

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Ah I can't believe so many people don't like KRPGS and rts :\..

14. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
  15. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    So I'm not the only one. I hate the art style too. Anime just seems weird and sometimes disturbing. Although I do remember playing Pokemon as a kid, but that was only because everyone else was doing it.
    (don't do Pokemon, kids. Drugs are bad... mkay.....)

16. tomheroes

tomheroes Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    For me it is racing games. Not that I don't like them, I just suck at them. If there is a wall, I will hit it.

17. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I agree here. It just isn't fun for me. I've also never played a game like that where the controls felt natural and smooth.

I also avoid Donut Games and similar games where all you do is the same thing over and over again to get a gold medal or three stars.

Racing games are also pretty boring.

18. GnarKill

GnarKill Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    UI Engineer
    Bay Area
    I'll give just about any genre a try, fighting games are the only genre not on my phone. But if the game has horrible art, doesn't look polished, or is a doodle game I stay away from it. Other games I stay away from are action games with multiple virtual buttons (fighting games, 3rd person view(AC, The Uncharted rip off), I like games where the controls are suited for the device.

19. nvx

nvx Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    UK
    My preference is somewhat reversed to yours, but similar in the sense that I would be willing to give most genres a try.

I would rather develop graphically intensive 3D games (be they 3rd-person view, sports or racing games) and work around the control limitations, rather than spend time developing sprite-based 2D heavy games;
    sprite based games may be the specialty of other devs, but its not my cup of tea.

I also prefer not to work on FPS shooters, and absolutely hate in game advertising.

20. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I don't do most RPG's unless they're more like Action Adventure than RPGs. I don't do those point and click adventure games. I don't really like RTS or TBS games... so yeah...