Has anyone tried marketing with these guys?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by fiveohthree, Feb 16, 2011.

1. fiveohthree

fiveohthree Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    This is the resource in question:

http://www.iphonealliance.com/

It looks like a decent service which reaches much of the US and parts of Europe, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience advertising with them and whether the experience is worth it. Any numbers would be nice.

2. layzerboy

layzerboy Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    looks promising. But they sure look expensive! :p

3. fiveohthree

Mar 10, 2010
    Yeah these guys cost a bit more than your usual marketing methods.

I think they start at 1500 pounds and up depending on your package options etc.

4. Razoric

Razoric Well-Known Member

A cash poor indie developer should never pay for ad impressions. You'd be better off trying to get all those sites to review your app.

5. psykano

psykano Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Student
    Canada
    Yikes, 1500 pounds is a lot to gamble with a relatively new marketing company with minimal advertising exposure themselves. Maybe you should try checking out Apalon or otherwise follow Razoric's advice?

6. fiveohthree

Mar 10, 2010
    Apalon looks amazing. They seem to be able to nail the problems we're currently having (not much discussion/coverage of our game) but their prices are definitely not cheap.

I'm intrigued though. I get the impression that by paying $3999 you are guaranteed media coverage and a spot in the top 50 of your app category. Judging from the possible returns wouldn't this service be totally worth it if you feel like you have a solid app?

If anyone has tried any of these packages please share your experiences here. I thank you in advance.

7. Astraware

Astraware Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    If it helps, that company is part of Steel Media who own and run PocketGamer.co.uk and PocketGamer.biz.

8. artcue

artcue Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Gamedeveloper, Co-Founder of Artcue
    Vienna, Austria
    Apalon

Sorry to post this the secound time, but as you mentioned Apalon here:

Just make sure, that if you pay for e.g. "Engaging at least xx profiled independent reviewers..." that they do not mean just reviews of customers on iTunes....I read in another forum, that somebody paid top dollars to Apalon and just got reviews from customers not from review sites......(he payed about 4000 dollar for that...)
    :(

9. WickedAwesome

WickedAwesome Active Member

May 8, 2010
    Concept Wizard
    Melbourne, Australia
    Pocket...

I have worked with Pocketgamer in various forms previously and they are always happy to talk about what 'you' can afford and structure something around that.

Having said that though, I have not parted with any of my own money with them and will most likely not.

Remember that a spot in the top 50 of your cat. is not always going to lead to high downloads as it was pointed out to me that most people don't engage the App store at that level...

M@

10. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

WickedAwesome is spot on, it's pretty rare for people to delve into categories and look for something (or if they do, to make their way to 25+)

11. A top 50 spot in a category for some countries may be as many as 3 -4 downloads over a 24 hour period!