Bizango 3d angrybird made with unreal engine

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mestour, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mestour

mestour Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    #1 mestour, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011

Info :There will be 5 stages, each containing 10 levels!

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Can't see the video.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The link actually works...

4. Prozak

Prozak Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I love how the 3d 'art' is like cell shading - cartoonish - but the sky has a photorealistic look. It really blends well together

/sacrasm

5. Archerx

Archerx Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    Hello, I'm the creator of Bizango Blazt so feel free to share your suggestions!

About the sky it's just a temp, it's actually the sky that comes with the UDK mobile. I'm working on my own but 360 skies are not easy to do.

I'll post about the story aspect of the game tomorrow and if anyone is interested in the development side I'm happy to talk about the process :)

6. PunkyF00l

PunkyF00l Member

May 7, 2011
    Really excited for this game! Can't wait to play it!

7. Gunblade1190

Gunblade1190 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    You can color me intrigued. Anything involving the Unreal Engine I'll follow, and as I enjoy Angry Birds, I'll give this a try when it comes out. Any idea when this might be released?

8. mestour

Nov 27, 2010
    can u add water whit shaders effects ? :D

9. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Is there any way to rotate and move the camera view around so you can view what you're gonna shoot at?

10. Archerx

May 16, 2011
    Thank you!

Angry birds inspired me, I love Crush the Castle type games and thought to myself "won't this be cooler in 3D?". After a while I did a test in the UDK, it worked and then decided I have to make this!

I'm working on it as fast as I can, hopefully at the end of this month or middle June 2011 :)

I rather have the game late and polished instead of early and buggy.

I've been thinking about adding a stage with a water element. I'm looking into it but I don't know how well the UDK manages water shaders though but I'll find out.

The Cannon is fixed, this is actually a good thing because it makes the aiming easier because the UDK handles perspective strangely. Don't worry, I test the levels a lot so there shouldn't be a moment where you feel like you need to move the camera.

Here are some updates based on feedback I got, it's more cartoony and there are new skies!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm hoping to do another video soon to show off the interface. I tried to make it as simple as possible using as little text as possible. I also make most of the buttons actual 3D objects that you touch.

More to come.

11. Archerx

May 16, 2011
    As I promised here is the inital story for the game.

The peaceful Lonies who are an interesting species of creature who is very attuned with Magic, to them it seems natural, they use it to make their food, to build, to power their things and even to have fun! One day the Lonies were just minding their own business in their beautiful world when out of nowhere these mechanical, obviously technology based beings arrive on their planet. They are offering peace and to share their resources with the Lonies. The Lonies are always will to share but they are suspicious of the "Boros" as the Lonies have started calling them.

The Lonies investigate the Boros sneakiness and discover that they actually have no intention of sharing and have more resources than they can ever use but are telling everyone that they barely have enough. They have just been taking everyone else's resource out of greed and corruption.

The Lonies are quite worried at this point decide to start an offensive before the Boros take all their Magic and leave them with nothing. That's where the Bizango Canon comes in, it's their secret weapon and is completely powered by their magic. You will use this Canon to stop the invading Boros before they take all they can from your home world. As you progress the Cannon will get new exciting powers to help you take down the greed Boros!

12. palenoue

palenoue Member

Aug 18, 2008
    You need some cute lil' critters running around, waving their arms/tentacles/appendages and yelling that a big rock is flying towards them and their forts are falling down. Angry Birds has personality because it has critters, you're game doesn't because it's all inanimate objects.

Also, for a future release, would it be possible to rotate the catapult in a circle around the hill? I'm thinking if you could move he catapult you could line up shots to ricochet off one building into another. You could also have scenarios where the player needs to knock down certain buildings without damaging a "good" building (where all the cute critter hostages are maybe?) so swinging the catapult around would let players work on angled shots.

13. Doofratii

Doofratii Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Catapult

Great concept! The one thing that bothers me from the video is the catapult. When it's ready to fire, the view moves down and the catapult takes up a large portion of the screen. Also, there are too many special effects with the catapult, so it takes two seconds to go through the fire sequence, which doesn't seem like much, but I'd guess it'll get old fast to have to wait through this same sequence each time to see the results of your launch.

Hope this helps!

14. Archerx

May 16, 2011
    Sorry for the lack of update but I have been working on it a lot, I'm just one person working on it and I unfortunately got a flu, has some apartment hunting to do and some workshops but development powers through.

I have fixed a lot of the complaints so far, the graphics have been reworked (still being reworked) the shooting view has been changed to make it more accurate, the powerbar is much more useful now and a lot of little tweaks.

I've been optimizing it a lot (very time consuming) to make sure it will run fine on a 3Gs that was hard but I can play it on mine with out any problems.

Right now I just need to finish the optimization, add the remaining levels, sound work, polish and release!

15. mestour

Nov 27, 2010
    how is the progress ?? :D

16. Archerx

May 16, 2011
    #16 Archerx, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
    I have been working hard on Bizango Blast and it is finally complete! I'm really proud of the result and I think it's a fun game. My testers agree as well so I'm feeling good about it.

Bizango Blast has been submitted and uploaded to Apple and is waiting for review!

I'm going to do another video, a mini walk through showing the menu, a few levels and some of the powers.

17. Archerx

May 16, 2011
    Thanks for the comment, the physics engine can bring any device down to it's knees if you're not careful so I had to make some design chocies while making the games. I sacrificed a bit of graphics and made the game playable on a 3gs.

18. Archerx

May 16, 2011
    Still waiting for review from the app store!

In the mean time, here are some new screen shots, more will come and today there will be a new video!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Archerx

May 16, 2011
  20. mestour

Nov 27, 2010
    Looks great :D