Size on device?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by EfratBarTal, Apr 13, 2012.

1. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    heya,

i see that in a lot of games, the download size is not that relevant to iOS device owners. the more important figure is the amount of space the game would require on the device after it is installed. so the appinfo tag pulls the game size and all other data fields directly from the appstore, that is fine. a lit trickier would be getting the post-install size on the device (roughly). some games have a final footprint not much bigger than the download size while some may take up to 10 times the size of the download size.

anyway, i guess that this is a sort of request for any thread-starters out there.. kindly put a rough figure of the vanilla install of the game inside the original post. that would be awesome.

what do you think?

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

#2 Eli, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    Post-install size is probably going to be a little tricky, not sure we can do that in an easy way that I can think of for app info stuff. Hmm.

edit: Oh wait, I read this wrong.

3. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    #3 EfratBarTal, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    yeah, that's what i thought :(. i think i'm actually gonna go with this to Apple, see if they can include this figure inside their appinfos. will keep you posted!

UPDATE: posted the suggestion in Apple's support forums.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

An idea that I've tossed around that might be on a to do list somewhere is somehow making the first post of game threads editable by more than just moderators and the original poster. What I thought would be cool is come up with some sort of standard template to get people into using and then people can just fill it in as details emerge and the thread evolves from just the original NZ link to everyone posting first impressions, reviews, updates hitting, etc... With the idea being that the first post of every thread would just be chock full of useful information.

But, not sure the best way to handle this especially since you don't really want just any old idiot destroying the first posts of threads... AND we've got a serious developer bottleneck right now between launching the app and all the other cool crap we're doing.

...someday!