Roller Coaster Tycoon (By Atari)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

"The famous roller coaster sim is finally coming to iOS. Much like the PC version of the game, you play as a theme park designer who aims to bring joy to the world with your wicked roller coaster designs. The more barf-inducing, the better. Finally! A chance to make a mobile version of Mr Bones’ Wild Ride! Roller Coaster Tycoon hits iOS and Android in Q1 2013."
    http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/atari-mobile-lineup-includes-roller-coaster-tycoon-and-more

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This is just too good news. :D

3. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    It's only good news if it plays like Roller coaster the PC version - or if it does a 'Theme Park for ios'

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    yeah..

5. tones4e1

tones4e1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Hope it supports iPhone 5 screen, and no Delay...

And Where is Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D for 3DS? Is out in US but not in Singapore yet.

6. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    I only wish that this would be based on the original RCT1+2 games, and not the newer ones.

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Yeah those were much better.

8. And this is the point where I awake from my dream

9. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    ooh... Think I just wet myself...
    Now hoping that they keep it the RC1 or 2 style..

10. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    im dead serious about this:
    this is the game i always wanted for iOS. this game will be one of the biggest hits if ported well, and will be my top looking forward to game.

11. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I have faith in Atari. Please do not disappoint... I'll be holding my breath til I hear more!

12. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    #12 Borgqueenx, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    yeah....i can imagine they will screw up alot.
    For all we know they could just include some maps then ask money for a new map or coaster. or dont let us make coaster but only place standard stuff for the "inituive controls" or whatever.
    Its a game that also probaly wont play well on iphone if it is not adapted.
    I think this game will have a major "control" overhaul, wich will take alot of the original fun out of it.
    On ipad it will ofcource be playable with no controls overhauled.

but....they didnt say it would be for iphone. just for iOS. i hope they only release it for ipad and dont edit or addd anything. just make it work and let us have fun ^^

13. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    What?!?!??!?! :D

14. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #14 visionwebs, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    Roller coaster tycoon 2/all expansions ported to iPad, INCLUDING all the bugs and classic gameplay with no changes except to add touch would be perfect.

Yet, from my understanding of Ataris recent history (pitfall was ok I guess) they have an insatiable appetite for ruining a games IP (zaxxon was it?).

I could imagine this turning into an infinite runner side scrolling game. Would be good but without the branding better.

Only the true roller coaster tycoon will be accepted on my iPad. Otherwise, Atari won't get another penny from me and I never make threats!

So let's hope they restore their reputation of ports.

On the other hand if they port say, the first two or three levels then pretent the space is limited that will be equally as dissapointing and completely unbelievable.

Then again modern downloadable game profits are based on ruining IP as we know it, Atari have nothing on what EA games did to Westwood... They still have some hope!

15. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Lets hope it's not freemium because I'd pay $10 for this.

16. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Yes! This is one of the only PC games I've ever wanted on the iPad. But Q1 2013?:( can't wait that long.

17. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    I hate to burst everyones bubble, but i'm pretty positive Atari does not own the rights to RCT 1+2. They took over the franchise with the 3rd game, but the first 2 were by completely different publishers and developers: Infogrames and Hasbro Interactive.

18. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Oh well, it's not like we aren't expecting some freemium fail game to come out of it any way.

19. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'm sure it'll be isometric and surely they won't be that stupid to cheapen a franchise by crafting it in the same vein as the drivel that is Theme Park? Ugh, that game is drek.

20. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    HOLY SH*T BALLS I'VE BEEN BEGGING FOR RCT ON IPHONE SINCE THE IPHONE CAME OUT. Sorry, overreacted there, but I really love the RCT series. This is just too good!