Pheonix Wright 2??

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JPFan, May 2, 2011.

1. JPFan

JPFan New Member

May 2, 2011
    Will we see a second Pheonix Wright soon?

2. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    In case you aren't aware of it, the Phoenix Wright series was made for the GBA back in 2003 or so, and the two sequels were released a long time ago. They were then released on the Nintendo DS along with some new unique titles such as Apollo Justice. The entire trilogy has already been ported to the iPhone in Japan, but CAPCOM has been really slow to translate the games to English, probably because it costs so much. If you really can't wait to play those cases, you could buy a DS or download an emulator (although that's really frowned upon).

3. phazer89

phazer89 Well-Known Member

I doubt it has to do with translation since the series has already been translated for the DS. I think I might've read somewhere that the iOS sales weren't too great though, maybe that's the reason.

4. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    You're wrong :/.
    Only the first five episodes are on the iphone in Japan (same with US), not the whole trilogy. As phazer pointed it out, it's most likely due to lack of revenue :/
    There is a new game out by them though, where you play a detective who went back in time to the Edo period.
    It's actually pretty fun, and there are some similarities to PW.

5. phazer89

There's such a game??? :eek:

6. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
  7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
  8. phazer89

Oh ok, a Japanese release, I suppose that's why I haven't heard of it. Doesn't seem like there's any western coverage of it so there probably won't be a localized version soon... Although given the lack of new PW titles I suppose that's not surprising. :/

9. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Quick translation of what it says:

A highschool student "Tendou Mirai" slips back in time e230 years, and faces off against nonstop mysteries and crime! There are 5 stories, with an easy control system, so even casual gamers can play this with ease!

---

It looks like they made this mainly for japanese phones, cause it lists a few Japanese carriers, along with the android market and app store.

It's not really the same as PW, but there's that element of looking at the scene by pointing at objects, and it's story oriented so you will come across various characters and talk to to them.

From the 15 or so minutes I've played, the choices of what you can say is constructed like PW, but there was less choice in the first few scenes.

10. phazer89

Cool, thanks for the impressions. From the overall look of the game and the main character's pun-injected name (sounds like a girl's name though) it does feel like PW. Probably won't see the light of day outside Japan though. :(