Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

But who doesn't have a device that can play one of the newest Modern Combat games? And for 10 times the price what you get with Black Ops Declassified is just not acceptable.

2. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    It's not 10x the price.
    Mc4 is around $7 black ops declassified is around $55
    That's around 8x not 10 lol

3. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    ... and then MC goes on sale for $0.99, which turns it into *censored* times cheaper than Declassified.

4. Der-Kleine

Well ok, just over 9 times the price in europe. 49,99 vs 5,49. It's still too much for too little.

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Thats completely false, I have my 3ds xl connected to my WPA2 Network right now.

6. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    So then you're also saying that MC has better multiplayer map design than CoD BlOps and MW? Because that's where all the Vita versions maps came from, though they've been made smaller. They're some of the most popular CoD maps. I don't own Declassified or MC though, so I can't really say much about which is better.

7. Der-Kleine

#4047 Der-Kleine, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    The thing is that they took good or decent maps and essentially cut them in half (sometime even more). The result is that the maps aren't how they were originally designed to be. Most of these maps weren't ment to be that small.

Two houses you can run in and around with some open areas next to them allowing people with snipers, shotguns, or whatever to find a place where the weapon they have works well become one house one can run in and around where only weapons designed for close-range combat are really effective.

Modern Combat games may not have the best maps ever, but most maps do have a good mix of long, open areas and tight, narrow corridors. Oh, and unlike with Black Ops Declassified the maps are actually new. (Even Alert is completely different in MC4 compared to MC3, with only the idea of having a bridge with cars on it connecting two bases being the same)

(Note: All my impressions of Black Ops Declassified are based off gameplay videos I've seen of the game, I haven't played it myself.)

8. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Today I just updated my collection :D Everything was bought from Amazon.com with Gift cards (see my signature).

P.S.I already had Uncharted and AC3:L

Attached Files:

9. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Sorry men, I didn't put my Mac addresses into my wifi program :p that was the problem. Thanks for the advices tho. Now it's connected to wifi and works fine

10. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Welp, I made the mistake of trying a Wii U out with it's Off Tv mode and purchased one today. I think this feature alone is what remote play for the Vita should have been. As it is, it never came to fruition on the Vita which in turn lost PS3 game sales from me. It's one of the most disappointing aspects for me that the Vita could/should have had.

11. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Don't know, if the range is as short as I read it's pretty pointless to me, wouldn't work for my toilet gaming :D.

12. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    My WiiU is in my bedroom and I can sit downstairs in the front room and still have it play lag free. 10 feet outside my garden gate though and the signal went.

13. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I'm kind of hoping Sony gets more proactive about enabling remote-play for games, especially with devices like the Nvidia shield which hinge on streaming games from more powerful devices. They probably won't ever enable remote-play on the majority of games on the PS3, but I can see them doing it with the PS4.

There's a few (interweaved) issues with remote-play for the PS3, which got in the way of Vita remote-play functionality.

1. When remote-play was first created, it was made with the PSP in mind. Because the PSP lacked several inputs key to a lot of PS3 games, Sony made remote-play functionality an option for developers, because they'd have to customize the controls to work on the PSP otherwise, and getting some games to utilize remote-play would be unrealistic.

2. Sony made it a part of some legal paperwork that it was entirely up to the developers, so allowing remote-play for all games on a system wide basis became a legal issue. They could do it, but it would make them open to lawsuits.

Sony lacked foresight. Remote-play on the Vita doesn't face the issue of making developers do extra work at all, unlike on the PSP- every input on the PS3 controller corresponds to an input on the Vita, so it's just a matter of enabling it. They could have done so, if they hadn't made it a legal issue, but they did, and ended up screwing themselves over in the end.

14. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Apparently Samurai Beatdown is free at the minute on the PS Mobile part of the store for some promotion or other, also noticed lemmings was free when I looked myself.

15. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Yep. Sony is running a promotion where every week a PS Mobile game will go free for six weeks. It's not limited to any specific territories AFAIK, as long as PSM is available where you're at. Samurai Beat is the first of the six. Lemmings has always been 'free', but you'll have to pay if you want the whole game. The game only comes with a few levels, and to unlock the rest you have to spend money.

16. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Shame about lemmings although it's nostalgic enough and the touch controls work very well I might buy the extra levels also noticed jetpack joyride was free and grabbed it out of curiosity. Not something I've played before but I've seen it mentioned a lot so why not.

17. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Wait, you haven't played Jetpack Joyride yet? :confused::eek::confused::eek:

18. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I really hadn't but I've played a few hours of it today and finally see what the fuss is about. It is quite addictive to play I'm not sure how long that will last though but for free it's definitely got my approval.

19. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

What is this Jetpack Joyride game you speak of? :p